BMW or a new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smeggers

BMW any day of the week!

Edit: Oh you've already got one, in that case, sell the bike, the car, the kids trust fund and get a BETTER BMW! :blush:

terry huckle

Walker

Thanks for your insight.

As far as I know the indicators (whatever they are) on both BMWs work fine.....and I have three bicycles; number 4 having been stolen.

asterix

Comrade Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...good point...and well made.

I should just sell the car anyway right?:o)

Maybe it could develop a mysterious but expensive potential fault.. :blush: Best to sell it then wouldn't it? Before you need to spend loadsa money getting it fixed.

(All car faults are expensive anyway..:smile:)

asterix

Comrade Member
Patrick Stevens said:
Tell her that you're thinking of selling one of your kidneys.

(I'm waiting for bonj to appear and point out that you'd get more money if you sold both of them. )

I thought he recommended selling your spleen (because you'd just grow another IIRC)

col

Legendary Member
If i had two cars,then i would sell the car,get a beaut bike,and bits and pieces.We only have one car,very underused at the mo,but handy in case its needed.

grow some nuts...tell your mrs straight i'm selling the car, i bought it, my money that paid for it, i want a new bike...end of!

tomb1960

A lot depends on how reliable the first car is. If you sell it (I would btw) and your primary car develops a fault and is off the road next week, Mrs BTFB is going to do the biggest 'told you so' in recent history, and bitterly resent your lovely Bianchi. If, on the other hand the primary car is totally reliable (no such thing IMHO) or a company car go for it! Also something I have tried is to point out how much a month a car sitting on the drive not being used actually costs in terms of tax insurance etc (about 1/3 a Bianchi a year at arough guess!) that might strengthen your cause.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...the 'main' car is a Hyundai Tuscon 4x4 suv (Please shoot me in the head). It's one yea rold, we bought it new and the mrs has put 30,000 on it so far!! It's a nice car, all mod cons and 4 years left on the free warranty. I used to have a company car which they changed every year for a new one, so we always stacked up the mileage on that one. I am just a bit concerned because in 3 years time that engine could be buggerd (being a korean one) and then we's have a problem to replace it. The car is an absolute must have for the Mrs to get to work.

The BMW is reliable and there is no way we could afford even a small runaround as a replacement if it went.

I have no issue with getting rid of it in favour of a cool bike because I have made the transition from fat slob motorist to toned affleet biker;) but she still has doubts...even though she did give me the go ahead.

You are right...it would save us a fortune in insurance and road tax etc...not so much servicing because we have a local BMW bloke who fixes it (on the rare occassion anything needs doing) on the cheap.

I ran the Paris trip idea past her...erm...all i got was a muted..."Hmmmm".:biggrin:

Trying to read a womans mind is a difficult and dangerous thing....:biggrin:

bonj2

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Ok I want a new bike. I have no spare cash but I could raid some savings for my son but that would make me feel bad. I have an L reg BMW 318i sitting out on th edrive in good nick with only 90,000 genuine miles on the clock, taxed and mot'd until March 08 . It gets used at the most once a week and even then it is only for a short run. I reckon I could get £2000 ish maybe.
LOL :biggrin: You'll be lucky! :biggrin::biggrin:

bonj2

Patrick Stevens said:
Tell her that you're thinking of selling one of your kidneys.

(I'm waiting for bonj to appear and point out that you'd get more money if you sold both of them. )

Now come on you surely don't need me to point out something obvious like that.

Top Bottom