Boardman 2016 CX team replacement Jockey wheel.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have just come in from doing exactly that and saw your post. The only thing I did additional to that was warm up the plastic pulley first with a cup of boiling water so as to make the plastic more pliable. Ordered a couple of bearings off Amazon and I should be back on the road tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.

Good stuff. I use Wych bearings for my Full sus. My Jockey's weren't that old, but the rubber seal burnt to bits with jammed mud inside the dust cover, same happened with the previous ones. And I always wipe them down after every ride ! I have Tacx bearings on my old XT MTB, and I've never touched those bearings - similar to BBB.

OP
OP
F

Flixton

Job done! Two bearings for £4.50 from Amazon. Warmed up the plastic pulley and gave the bearing a bit of persuasion with a mallet to pop it into place. Thanks for the advice.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Make sure you get the "thick and thin" teeth in the right slots of the chain ;). Your pulley wheel has 12 teeth, deliberately (most 'normal' mech pulley wheels have odd numbers eg 11t up to 15t or more for OSPW) designed to swap the tooth engagement between inner and outer links of the chain.

OP
OP
F

Flixton

Thanks Ajax. I'll check. It seams to be working fine but I will take a look at the chain and see if it has thick and thin links.

Top Bottom