Boardman ADV 8.9 E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wooly67

Let us know how you get on.....I did think about opening the gate, but than remembered am still recovering from this argument I had with the tarmac not that long ago :smile:.

View attachment 546758
Ugh. Now that looks nasty, that’s the trouble with skin and tarmac ha...:laugh: I’ve got One on my shin from a month ago ouch. Let you know how the bike goes.

Ralphbostie

Oh dear, that looks a bad one Gzoom, bet that was painful. Glad to see your ok 👍

gzoom

Über Member
Took the opportunity today to get some nice shots of the bike, lovely looking machine compared to most other eBikes :wub:.

50337388042_2fbce06fce_k_d.jpg

Also been educating my daughter on bike photography...

50337388862_3266a232a3_c_d.jpg

Wooly67

At last.... got my new replacement bike today. Despite them losing the keys and a wait of 45 mins while they looked for them!! However, so far so good, no nasty noises on way home. Going on a longer ride tomorrow to see how it is.

Attachments

• 0EBBB3A6-42F9-45F8-BE16-F7D207A6AB40.jpeg
    0EBBB3A6-42F9-45F8-BE16-F7D207A6AB40.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Wooly67

I recently asked Fazua about the clicking problem with my last bike and the cover for the sensor cables underneath.. I know everyone knows what it is but this is what they Said and attached a very good video :-
Thanks for using a Fazua system.
The noise may be caused by the incorrect tightening of the bottom bracket screws.
I recommend that you (or your local bicycle retailer) check all the fasteners as indicated in the following video and the attached document :

View: https://youtu.be/t5rO2_7FPYk

I would start from the 4 screws that hold the bottom bracket to the bike frame.

Regarding the cover: The bottom bracket is supplied from us to manufacturers without any cover (as in your case). It is then a manufacturer's choice whether to apply protection or not. Some add it and others do not. You should ask Boardman if they offer it.

Regards,

gzoom

Über Member
Been playing the Wahoo phone app which can take a power reading from the Fazua motor. I've never used a power meter before so really interesting to see on a flat bit of road pushing 20mph into a headwind I was producing 300Watts peak power.

50348908392_3e0be70b09_c.jpg

Going up a hill in 'Rocket' mode added 200watts+ of power as expected.

50348899732_10e84dbb30_c.jpg

Next couple of days I'll try riding in no assistance mode to see just how much power am normally generating......This isn't good for my wallet though as a powermeter alone for my other bikes is £££!!

Ralphbostie

These guys are fazua trained & say you should only use crank bolts once & only use fazua thread lock when changing bolts.
which they have in stock.
https://ebikeufo.co.uk/
Yes that’s the impression I got as well.

Wooly67

Did 50 miles yesterday on a sponsored ride with my club, first ride out on my new bike and all was great, I really enjoyed It, the bike is now ready for a good clean as we went coastal so sand and dust galore.

Wooly67

I recently asked Fazua about the clicking problem with my last bike and the cover for the sensor cables underneath.. I know everyone knows what it is but this is what they Said and attached a very good video :-
Thanks for using a Fazua system.
The noise may be caused by the incorrect tightening of the bottom bracket screws.
I recommend that you (or your local bicycle retailer) check all the fasteners as indicated in the following video and the attached document :

View: https://youtu.be/t5rO2_7FPYk

I would start from the 4 screws that hold the bottom bracket to the bike frame.

Regarding the cover: The bottom bracket is supplied from us to manufacturers without any cover (as in your case). It is then a manufacturer's choice whether to apply protection or not. Some add it and others do not. You should ask Boardman if they offer it.

Regards,

reply from Boardman

Thanks= for getting in touch.
All of the junctions and wires are weather proofed which is why there is no = need for a cover.This is not something we would be able to supply you with = if you wish to have it covered.

Now we know !

gzoom

Über Member
Loving this bike with aero bars, 40 miles today (Garmin error first 5 miles), minimal assistance but I was glad it was there on a 14% incline into a 20 mph headwind. No way would I have tried the same ride on my sub 8kg road bike with aero wheels and rim brakes....fun it would not have been!!

50389260341_03feb310a4_b.jpg

Used 40% charge to do 40 miles, so in theory 100 miles range :smile:.

50389819327_dc077f472a_b.jpg

gzoom

Über Member
Been commuting on the Boardman nearly daily, actually misjudged charging and ended up with no battery for half my commute to work today. But I couldn't resist still taking the scenic route home. Big advantage of eBikes, is unlike electric cars, when you run out of charge you can still keep going :smile:.

50605103218_e31f1b4e69_h.jpg

gzoom

Über Member
Just under 20 miles in rain/sleet/wind today, was glad to have disc brakes/mudguards/30mm+ tyres and the occasional motor boost up some hill when the feet/hands started to freeze!!

50679011497_92f5a03b94_c_d.jpg

50678252443_8f62cfc2ed_z_d.jpg

sonic10

Did 50 miles yesterday on a sponsored ride with my club, first ride out on my new bike and all was great, I really enjoyed It, the bike is now ready for a good clean as we went coastal so sand and dust galore.
Hi I went on my bike yesterday and only got 23 miles with 20% left how do u get 50 ?and well done on your ride !

Top Bottom