Boardman Carbon Bike.

Doug.

Veteran
Hello.
I have accumualed enough cash to buy a new bike,namely the above.
At just under a grand it seems good.
However I have contacted Halfords and they inform me of being out of stock but new stock arriving soon ?
Is this the bike for me ??
I am rather mature and hope this bike will not be to radical for the likes of myself.
Any sugestions for a similar machine and price that may be more suitable ?
As I live abroard unable can't try before I buy.
Or is the Boardman so good I should just be patient and waite ?
Any advise or thoughts greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Doug.

grimpeur

Veteran
It's a good bike but it's not vastly superior to others of a similar price. They have saved money with this bike on things like the brake calipers and the finishing kit to keep the price below £1000( Cyclescheme limit etc.)
the geometry of the frame is not too radical as it has a reasonably tall headtube compared to some carbon frames of a sporty ilk.
It depends what you want to use it for.
Personally I would rather ride one of these down where you are in the SOF than a touring bike as i gather the hills down there are rather long.

OP
D

Doug.

Veteran
Boardman bikes.

grimpeur said:
It's a good bike but it's not vastly superior to others of a similar price. They have saved money with this bike on things like the brake calipers and the finishing kit to keep the price below £1000( Cyclescheme limit etc.)
the geometry of the frame is not too radical as it has a reasonably tall headtube compared to some carbon frames of a sporty ilk.
It depends what you want to use it for.
Personally I would rather ride one of these down where you are in the SOF than a touring bike as i gather the hills down there are rather long.
grimpeur.
Many thank's for the reply.
You've "hit the nail on the head".
Private reply sent.
Yours
Doug.

Mad Doug Biker

Bikeoholics Anonymous
The Team Carbon and Pro C always have really good wtite ups in the magazines and I'd happily buy one if I had the money!!

The Team Carbon got a 10/10 rating in Cycle Plus magazine, and you can't get better than that!

Top Bottom