Boardman Carbon Bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doug.

Veteran
Hello.
I have accumualed enough cash to buy a new bike,namely the above.
At just under a grand it seems good.
However I have contacted Halfords and they inform me of being out of stock but new stock arriving soon ?
Is this the bike for me ??
I am rather mature and hope this bike will not be to radical for the likes of myself.
Any sugestions for a similar machine and price that may be more suitable ?
As I live abroard unable can't try before I buy.
Or is the Boardman so good I should just be patient and waite ?
Any advise or thoughts greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Doug.

grimpeur

Veteran
It's a good bike but it's not vastly superior to others of a similar price. They have saved money with this bike on things like the brake calipers and the finishing kit to keep the price below £1000( Cyclescheme limit etc.)
the geometry of the frame is not too radical as it has a reasonably tall headtube compared to some carbon frames of a sporty ilk.
It depends what you want to use it for.
Personally I would rather ride one of these down where you are in the SOF than a touring bike as i gather the hills down there are rather long.

OP
OP
D

Doug.

Veteran
Boardman bikes.

grimpeur said:
It's a good bike but it's not vastly superior to others of a similar price. They have saved money with this bike on things like the brake calipers and the finishing kit to keep the price below £1000( Cyclescheme limit etc.)
the geometry of the frame is not too radical as it has a reasonably tall headtube compared to some carbon frames of a sporty ilk.
It depends what you want to use it for.
Personally I would rather ride one of these down where you are in the SOF than a touring bike as i gather the hills down there are rather long.

grimpeur.
Many thank's for the reply.
You've "hit the nail on the head".
Private reply sent.
Yours
Doug.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The Team Carbon and Pro C always have really good wtite ups in the magazines and I'd happily buy one if I had the money!!

The Team Carbon got a 10/10 rating in Cycle Plus magazine, and you can't get better than that!

Top Bottom