Boardman CX Comp 2014 - Bottom Bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nathan AV

Not quite. I removed it and replaced it with a Tiagra HT2 Bottom bracket and Chainset which I had laying around. Sticks out like a sore thumb but it gets me to work just fine.

supercooper88

Regular
So when the bb dies its gonna be hard for me to find a good 1 ????

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I have the 2012 Boardman Team CX with the BB30 ..so mine is just two bearings like this

post-4555-0-95217800-1373315724.jpg

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
No I'm afraid not it's a totally different type of BB shell, but the BB type you have should last you a lot longer than it has and I really don't mind the questions, if I can help I will, that's what makes this forum great :hugs:

Nathan AV

So I could change out the bottom bracket to a hollowtech 1 and I would just have to get a new crankset ?????
Yes, it's an English threaded frame so once the current BB is out it's just a case of putting the HT2 cups in (may need facing) and attaching the HT2 compatible cranks. Check out the forum classifieds for any cranks but I suggest buying the BB new.

Nathan AV

Thanks !!

Are all the crank spindles that go throughout the HT2 the same in length as would this affect the chainline ??
I know all HT2 Road cranks are the same length so will fit fine. HT2 mountain bike cranks spindles I believe are a bit longer so they come with spacers but I'm not 100% certain to be honest.

Top Bottom