Boardman - Giant or Specialized

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bkulacs0410

Isn't it electric though? Unless you have two Boardmans (men?)

@bkulacs0410 you haven’t said where you are based or what sort of terrain you are riding
The Whyte R7 range would be on my list for a flat bar and Specialized off it, mainly for lack of value for money reasons.
The Trek FX range is good too (but again on the more costly side for spec)
I’m in Ventral London so mainly flat, it I think I have made my decision and will
Go with the Boardman m. It seems like a good value for money

Venod

Eh up
I have made my decision and will
Go with the Boardman

Right choice IMO.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Boardman are always going to be better VfM than a big name like Specialized. It’s an in-house brand that’s built it reputation for providing a quality product at a reasonable price. Specialized’s costs and advertising budgets will always put them at the top of tree. Some people might get a little sniffy at having a Halfords bike but given their quality and value now it’s rather unjustified.
As above a good choice. Enjoy.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m in Ventral London so mainly flat, it I think I have made my decision and will
Go with the Boardman m. It seems like a good value for money
Make sure it’s insured if leaving a bike anywhere in London.
consider joining British cycling for the indemnity cover, and you’ll save 10% in halfords when you buy the bike, more than covering the cost of membership

DRM

Guru
Boardman are always going to be better VfM than a big name like Specialized. It’s an in-house brand that’s built it reputation for providing a quality product at a reasonable price. Specialized’s costs and advertising budgets will always put them at the top of tree. Some people might get a little sniffy at having a Halfords bike but given their quality and value now it’s rather unjustified.
As above a good choice. Enjoy.
Exactly, someone has to pay for all those pro’s riding S-Works bikes

Top Bottom