Boardman range

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BristolScouse

Regular
After much deliberation Ive decided to purchase a Boardman hybrid. My cycling is (will be when i get my hand outta this cast) once or twice a week ranging from 22-50+ miles a ride. Im not into it in a serious way, just enjoy the ride and exercise. Question is, do i go for the Comp or the Team? Is the extra £150 worth the money for what i want r would i be better off spending the money on accessories?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not being familiar with SRAM equipment, I can't really comment on whether the upgrade is worth the money. All I would say is buy the best spec you can afford, because it is much more expensive to upgrade in the future if you decide you want the better components. They will both be good bikes, it is just a question of good/better/best, if that makes sense?

Drago

Legendary Member
I doubt that a blindfolded rider (if they didn't fall off) would even feel the difference. TBH with that kind of budget I wouldn't be looking at a hybrid from Boardman.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I doubt that a blindfolded rider (if they didn't fall off) would even feel the difference. TBH with that kind of budget I wouldn't be looking at a hybrid from Boardman.
Why not?? Good bikes for the money, light, quick with gd components

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Nah im just kidding having not owned a Boardman Hybrid but ridden one (the cheaper of the range) for a couple of hours i have to say id opt for the Specialized Sirrus.

400bhp

Guru
No, nothing especially against Boardies, but Trek and Giant make some superb riding hybrids/flat barred sportsters in that price range.

Have you ever ridden a Boardman, and have you compared specs? Don't be so quick to write them [Boardman's] off. Cracking bikes for the money.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes. We get 4 or 5 a year to trial, and sometimes we can blag loaners from the reps if there's something we simply fancy a go on. I've ridden about 20 Boardies in all, for periods of weeks or months at a time. How many have you ridden? One or two? Five? Or do you blindly believe the pap Broke Radar churn out? I get to ride more bikes in a summer season than you will in you entire cycling career, some for only a few minutes, some for months. There's a big trade jolly coming up at Cannock and if its like the last one ill have tried 2 dozen bikes in a morning, thank you very much.

And what do you mean 'compare the specs'? A bike could be dripping with XT and not ride as well as rival with a mix of Deore and Alivio. The bling Canyon XC and the workmanlike Giant Trance X4 are beauticul illustration. The way a bike actually RIDES is far more important than than bling. And in the event you get 2 bikes priced the same that ride equally well you chose by frame, forks, wheels, groupset and finishing kit in that order. Folk that pore over catalogues choose a bike because its got a 105 mech over a rivals Tiagra without having ridden either are quite frankly idiots.

As you can see from my previous post, which you yet again seem to have not bothered to read, I've nothing against Boardmans especially and I particularly like their road bikes, their MTBs less so.

Simple fact is that within our OPs budget there are nicer rides out there.

400bhp

Guru
Yes. We get 4 or 5 a year to trial. I've ridden about 20 Boardies in all, for periods of weeks or months at a time.

As you can see from my previous post, if you'd taken the tine to read it, I've nothing against Boardmans especially and I particularly like their road bikes, their MTBs less so. Simple fact is that within our OPs budget there are nicer rides out there.

I did take the time to read it thanks. I really hope your demeanor on here doesn't filter to your work.

Top Bottom