Boardman Road Team: opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
I'm trying to get my employer to do a cycle to work scheme for me as i have my eye on a Boardman Road Team....

Main.jpg

anyone got any opinions on this bike ?

what are these SRAM gears like ??

any little problems that people know of ???

PS: no need to hellford's bash, I'm more than capable of setting the bike up once i have it :thumbsup:

PPS: got to be honest, my main reason for choosing this model is the colour, so much nicer than the black ones.

thanks in advance

Dilbert

I have just got one of these and I love it. I have not had a road bike for 20 odd years so it is taking some getting used to, and as a result I cannot offer an expert opinion, however I really like the gear change, it is quite natural after a few minutes and seems smooth. The levers are a decent size and are easily reached from the hoods. I have not done much on the drops so far so I shall report back later on that. :blush:

I picked mine up in a box as Halfords couldn't build it for a week due to the rush caused by our C2W scheme. Its just a case of putting on the front wheel, the bars and routing and terminating the brake cables, and removing the loads of cardboard and foam it comes wrapped in.

Best of luck with the employer.

Harbornite

My mate has one of these, really rates it.

I think that it has the same kit as the carbon that retails for £200 more, minus the frame obviously.

Good bike, can't go wrong at that price, recommended.

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
thanks, i was wondering how the gears felt on the double shifts and yes, it seems to be the same as the carbon but with an ali frame. for some reason I'm not keen of a carbon, they seem a little easy to crack. i may be wrong. and i think this looks nicer :biggrin:

I've been searching on these bike and some people have been having trouble with spokes coming loose, but these seem to have been on the first ones to be released.

I've only had a quick word with my employers and they seem happy in principle but will have to look into the initial cost. i mentioned the fact that finance was available but to be honest it was really crazy at work today so didn't get any further.

also a quick stock check tells me they have some withing a reasonable area from me, as I've heard some people are having trouble getting them.

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
just been down to the local halfords and they had a team carbon road on the stand with a team ali hybrid beneath it, so i kinda had to imagine the two merged together. i half closed my eyes and had a little stroke of both at the same time :rolleyes:

nice bike, love the colour.

work are sounding positive, they are looking into it and haven't said no yet, just need them to get on with it :biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
Good luck anorak with the work situation, being a boardman owner they are superb value!

Top Bottom