Boardman SC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I treated myself to a Boardman SC a few weeks ago. So far, so good :ohmy:
It's very light and it was quite easy to get used to the gear on my flattish commute.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I got it ! whoop,whoop !!!! What a light bike, brilliant bit of kit. Halfords were good too so all round had a good day.Not ridden it properly yet (only up and down the road) but it feels good although it has been a long time since i rode any bike with drops.Here's some snaps on a non - road used shiny bike.

DSCN4006.jpg

DSCN4007.jpg

DSCN4008.jpg

DSCN4011.jpg

DSCN4009.jpg

bauldbairn

I got it ! whoop,whoop !!!! What a light bike, brilliant bit of kit. Halfords were good too so all round had a good day.Not ridden it properly yet (only up and down the road) but it feels good although it has been a long time since i rode any bike with drops.Here's some snaps on a non - road used shiny bike.

DSCN4006.jpg

DSCN4007.jpg

DSCN4008.jpg

DSCN4011.jpg

DSCN4009.jpg

Very,Very Nice looking bike!!! Good photo's too! :biggrin:

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Cannot wait to have a proper ride on it,i will wimp out and run it on the single freewheel for now then flip it for the fixed.It is such a mega light bike,i am truly amazed at that.

colinr

Cannot wait to have a proper ride on it,i will wimp out and run it on the single freewheel for now then flip it for the fixed.It is such a mega light bike,i am truly amazed at that.

I've been looking for a new fixed and that is probably one of the nicest OTP ones about at the moment. Enjoy!

Out of interest, are the stickers removable?

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Well what can i say ! I did my first commute on the Boardman today and i love it !!! Even the big long hill into Bolton was a breeze which shocked me,i even found a hill on the way home just to make sure it was not a fluke.It's a fantastic bit of kit,even the techs and sales guys had to come and have a sniff at this odd bike with no gears,love it to bit's.

As for the stickers,i guess they are pickable but i am leaving it as it is,it's too nice to do anything silly with.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Good looking bike skud
dirol.gif

bauldbairn

I've been looking for a new fixed and that is probably one of the nicest OTP ones about at the moment. Enjoy!

Out of interest, are the stickers removable?

It is and why remove the stickers after a couple of days with a Boardman you realise the only thing wrong with them is Halfords envolvement. I can't fault mine at all.

B)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
It is and why remove the stickers after a couple of days with a Boardman you realise the only thing wrong with them is Halfords envolvement. I can't fault mine at all.

B)

IMO, Fixed/SS bikes almost always look better without the stickers, the minimalism of a plain frame really complements the clean lines etc.

I'd also remove the stickers, shame the stickers on my fixed are laquered!

colinr

IMO, Fixed/SS bikes almost always look better without the stickers, the minimalism of a plain frame really complements the clean lines etc.

Exactly that. Still really like it though.
Wouldn't be able see the stickers when I'm riding it, I'd let other people admire them when I stormed past :biggrin:

Top Bottom