Boardman SC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Exactly that. Still really like it though.
Wouldn't be able see the stickers when I'm riding it, I'd let other people admire them when I stormed past :biggrin:

Tried it with the fixed the other night and found more decals under the frame when i was swapping the wheel round.....proper decal fest on this one :biggrin: As for fixed riding,crapped myself so i will give it a rest until i have a nice quiet day with it !

bauldbairn

IMO, Fixed/SS bikes almost always look better without the stickers, the minimalism of a plain frame really complements the clean lines etc.

I'd also remove the stickers, shame the stickers on my fixed are laquered!

Exactly that. Still really like it though.

Oh! That's why all the fixed riders round my way don't have decals. :blush: :wacko: ^_^

I though they'd done up their favourite old frames as SS? :laugh:

Tried it with the fixed the other night and found more decals under the frame when i was swapping the wheel round.....proper decal fest on this one :biggrin: As for fixed riding,crapped myself so i will give it a rest until i have a nice quiet day with it !

I was surprised when I first saw them too! Model number - super butted frame etc, nice touch! B)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Oh! That's why all the fixed riders round my way don't have decals. :blush: :wacko: ^_^

I though they'd done up their favourite old frames as SS? :laugh:

This is probly part of the reason too tbh, a lot of people are doing up old steel bikes as fixie's and getting them powdercoated, so no decals. But at the same time, a lot of people are getting off the peg frames like the "leaders" and "volume - cutter" etc and removing the decals and logo's

BigAndy

I'm thinking about getting one of these for my shortish commute to the station, and for getting about town. Apart from the fact I am worried that I'll never make it when I come across a hill I cannot get a straight answer about fitting mudguards to this bike. The Boardman FAQ says it fits proper full length mudguards, however I went to Halfords and they said they tried and failed (though having talked with them and watching them set things up I am looking for a different Halfords!!). I want to fit SKS P35's, anyone have any experience with this?

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm thinking about getting one of these for my shortish commute to the station, and for getting about town. Apart from the fact I am worried that I'll never make it when I come across a hill I cannot get a straight answer about fitting mudguards to this bike. The Boardman FAQ says it fits proper full length mudguards, however I went to Halfords and they said they tried and failed (though having talked with them and watching them set things up I am looking for a different Halfords!!). I want to fit SKS P35's, anyone have any experience with this?

GET ONE !!! You won't regret it,i love mine...but not in that sort of way ! Not fitted my Crud guards yet so i cannot say how good or bad they are but as a brilliant ride the bike is faultless and my experience with Halfords at White City Manchester has been good so far.

TSG

Yes, I have a set of 35mm SKS Chromoplastic full length mudguards fitted to mine. Plenty of clearance and the bike has all the mounts to fit the guards properly including the bolt in the chain stay bridge. They look pretty smart in black.

The only change I made to the mudguards was to fit an extra pair of secu clips to the rear mudguard stays so these can be unclipped easily to make room to get the wheel out. As the drop outs are horizontal you either have to leave a big gap at the back of the rear guard or be prepared to loosen the mudguard off each time you want to remove the wheel. Fitting the secu clips has worked quite well as a neat solution to this. You can buy the extra secu clips from SJS cycles - http://www.sjscycles...er-Pair-693.htm

Top Bottom