Boardman Team Carbon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grahjam

Hi all

Looking for a bit of advise on the next bike I'm looking at getting on the C2w scheme.

Last year got a Willier Triestina Mirage, still got it and its great. Thinking of getting another bike this year and may go for the Willier again but have also looked at the Boardman team carbon for £1k.

Like the Willier not sure about the Boardman, has anyone got any comments / advice

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Get one... you won't do better for the money. The closest my LBS could get to a similar spec was £400 more !

Just make sure you take it to a LBS to set up before you ride it... the Halfords I got mine from couldn't put a bike together for toffee.

Good luck finding a Limited now though...

img01.jpg

Daniel.

Garz

Squat Member
I missed the boat getting one of the LE type, but did get my first road bike (comp) only few months before. I am eagerly awaiting there next line-up that supersedes the current crop with aplomb!

gregster

Stephen-D said:
Whats it like keeping the white saddle and bar tape clean?? is it a nightmare or not to bad? v nice looking bike.

It's fine as long as you clean it at the end of the ride and don't leave it to 'stain.' I've only had mine since the beginning of December, so the weather's been pretty sh!tty when I have managed to go out, that it's taken me nearly as long to thoroughly clean the bike as the ride itself!!! Worth it though to keep it looking good and prolong the life of what is a fantastic bike.

Duds

glad i've got a black one!
i'd never keep a white one clean enough.

I've had the bike for a month now, and i'd say get it, get it, get it!

fantastic piece of kit for the price

gouldina

Grahjam said:
Hi all

Looking for a bit of advise on the next bike I'm looking at getting on the C2w scheme.

Last year got a Willier Triestina Mirage, still got it and its great. Thinking of getting another bike this year and may go for the Willier again but have also looked at the Boardman team carbon for £1k.

Like the Willier not sure about the Boardman, has anyone got any comments / advice

You replace your bike every year???

gouldina

GregCollins said:
he didn't say 'replace':biggrin:

once you're on c2w n+1 is almost inevitable, another new bike every year!

Aye but he did say:

"Thinking of getting another bike this year and may go for the Willier again"

That's a 1 for 1 replacement innit?

Carbon

Veteran
Hi,

Got my Boardman Team Carbon nearly 12 months ago on CTW and can't fault it!
Had issues on collection with the SRAM setup and a couple of return visits to Halfords didn't help, an hour in my LBS (Ken Fosters in Chorlton) and it was spot on, they also needed to grease the BB as it was dry!

You're right you can't match it elsewhere for the money, I would recommend buy one for home delivery and get it straight to your LBS for the setup, shouldn't cost you more than £35 all in.

Good luck.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Thanks, this is very useful to me as I've just started looking at this bike after buying a whole load of cycling magazines the other day and seeing that it has a 10/10 rating in one with a HUGE list of bikes (927 I think it says, which has been most informative to me in my limited knowledge).

There are other bikes I've seen also, so I'm having to think about it, but if you guys say that this is the best you can get for the money spent, and it's 10/10, then, how can I really argue??

Does anyone NOT like the bike, and why??

Norm

Mad Doug Biker said:
... then, how can I really argue??
By riding it?

Test ride one or, if the shop won't let you, buy it online and use the Distance Selling Regulations if you don't like it.

Bikes come in many different sizes and shapes, but humans come in even more sizes and shapes. The one with the best components or the one which scores the highest will not necessarily be the best bike for you. Only a test ride, without being blinded by the bling, will let you know which is best for you.

Top Bottom