Boardman Team Road - Fresh from the box !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
finally got my boardman team. just taken it out of the box and literally assembled it for now, will do a proper build tomorrow.

good old halfords, i reserved one at the Leamington Spa store only to get there and find it was the display model with a big paint chip on the top tube and no front brake ??? cant believe they had flagged this up as stock !!!

the guys at leamington made a quick call to the stratford store and i was soon on my way to pick up an "in the box" model.

can't blame the guys at the stores, they were all very helpful. although i cant vouch for their assembly/service skills.

outthebox001-1.jpg

outthebox004-1.jpg

outthebox006-1.jpg

outthebox007-1.jpg

outthebox011-1.jpg

outthebox016-1.jpg

outthebox017-1.jpg

outthebox018-1.jpg

Eoin Rua

Nice one...enjoy!

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
yep, i've got quite long legs. its actually a lot lower in the second set of pics. but i don't like to ride stretched out too much so i went for the medium bike. i also like to have the nose of the saddle slightly raised. maybe i have a strange riding style but it works for me :biggrin:

CBM1012-1.jpg

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
just had first proper ride on the bike... 26.4 miles at an average speed of 18.1mph, plenty of short sharp hills but none longer than 1/2 mile.

very very nice bike. my position seems to be spot on, very comfortable. the bike handles the bumps very well (carbon fork maybe?), gears worked perfect straight out the box so i don't know how the halfords guys mange to mess them up ??

double tap is nice to use and you soon get used to it. with it being a compact you have to pick the right moment to change from small chain-ring to large but thats just takes experience.

saddle is surprisingly comfy but i may just be lucky

bike seems to nip along with ease

im happy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom