Bob Jackson Grand Montana mtb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just back from picking this up locally , I mean how can you resist a Bob Jackson with full Reynolds 531 , lugs with lining and large flange cranks .

This could be my winter bike once I have cleaned the dust off it .

Seller seems to think it's was built in 1984 for his step dad .

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
That's chuffing awesome.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
How do you find these bikes, I must be looking in the wrong places. Your right it will make a great winter bike or even a bombproof tourer.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Can't have made many of those and that 531 special MTB tubing is pretty rare. That’s from around the time I bought my Specialized Rockhopper. I guess Bob Jackson thought he would jump on the bandwagon.

midlife

Guru
That's smart :smile:. Some city jet tyres should suit that real nice. Chuckled at the dent for the large chain ring in the chainstay, presumably for a road bike lol

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Some city jet tyres should suit that real nice.

I'd go for Marathon Greenguards, which is what I've done to one of my Raleigh MTB's that also has full sized touring/commuting mudguards (not the "indestructible" short MTB type).
The result is you get an absolutely bomb-proof bike with wide range gears that just soaks up the worst of horrible potholed urban roads and is perfectly capable on mild unsurfaced tracks. Equally suited to rough stuff touring, if that's what floats your boat. The only downside is you pay a couple of pounds weight penalty compared to a 700c road frame running mudguards and the same sort of tyres.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very Nice :becool:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
How do you find these bikes, I must be looking in the wrong places. Your right it will make a great winter bike or even a bombproof tourer.

I spend too long each scouring the internet .

It's had a great 3 mile test ride this morning after inflating the tyres last night .

Rides really smoothly just needs setting up comfort wise .

2 nd bike in recent weeks with red S brake's .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had some time this morning doing some work on this device this morning.

If clean and regrease the Tange Allez headset and front wheel bearings. Then replaced the front brake and mechanism cables .

And lastly swapped the bars , stem and saddle over .

Even found a frame number.

Top Bottom