Bob Jackson - The Second Coming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Ver' nice. I see a white fixed wheel Bob Jackson occasionally near work - lovely frames.

otherself

Fully lugged in.
Very nice, there's something classy about burgundy frames with slim steel lines. I'd probably swap out the black stem and post for silver ones if it was mine though. Is that an 'off the peg' frame or custom?

OP
OP
Landslide

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Yeah, silver was my original intention, the stem's borrowed and once I'm happy with the position I'll probably replace it. Last frame had a quill stem, so I'm trying to get the height right before chopping down the steerer too much, whilst simultaneously avoiding a huuuuuuuge stack of spacers (sorry Thorn owners!).
Main problem is finding a nice stem in anything other than black!!! Plus they've all gone 31.8, which to my mind is a bit bulky-looking. I've wondered about getting a stem custom made and painted to match...

It's an off-the-peg frame.

otherself

Fully lugged in.
Yeah I know I was struggling to find a silver stem in 26.0 standard bore. I think "PRO" (Shimano) make a forged one called "XLT" in silver: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16367

Top Bottom