Bobbin Metric bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyreon

Hi All. Any thoughts or experiences of the Bobbin Metric bicycle anyone?

I wouldn't be comfortable buying at Brompton: too worried about leaving it locked about town as I disappear for 3 hrs shopping. I rather like steel: forgiving! I also like the 20inch wheels. What's the lowest gearing in inches on this bikes set up?

I did have x2 Dahons,but they went AWOL after having been stolen.

I like the look of this bike. I reckon I could easily put x2 in the back of my modest Huyandai.
Me thinks I could easily transport these on foreign buses or trains. Inexpensive,so's I wouldn't have to take any anxiolytics for fear of thefts,knockabouts or whatever. At a later date I could lower the gearing by upping the rear sprockets.

Maybe this bike could see me cycle around Detroit,Berlin,other cities in Spain, whilst giving me the opportunity to get in some country miles: nothing too serious. Recently returned from overseas where rules and regs about adult bicycles on trains and buses was worrying and bruising. Yes,I know other folders are available,too. But this bike is catching my eye...and a modest price

I could be wrong , but I think @Fab Foodie or @Hill Wimp got a bobbins 20 inch wheeler recently.

I don’t have a Bobin, but I do have a mini bike (Damon smoothhoind) and they are great fun: quick off the mark, nimble and around town they usually get lots of smiles.

If I were to get another one I’d go for one of these.

gios mini velo

Top Bottom