Bodge Guttering: 100mm to 112mm ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
So someone out there has tried to fix guttering before, right?

I order a bunch of bits from B&Q ages ago, and only now am I trying to fit them reduce the impact of rain on my garage. Turns out my guttering is a non-standard 100 mm half round, and the standard size from B&Q is 112mm.

I can't find anywhere still selling 100mm half round black plastic guttering. The original supplier, Terrain, doesn't do it anymore.

Replacing the gutter with 112 will mean, due to a variety of size and shape issues, replacing the whole lot including the down pipe which is hard fixed into the patio. Hassle + £££s.

...hence is there a way to bodge 100mm to 112mm guttering together?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You could try using a load of uPVC-compatible silicone mastic. It won't be very pretty but it will work for a while. Use some stainless steel self-tappers to hold the lengths together and then bung up the gaps.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
When my roof guttering was replaced the installer helpfully used one of the old roof pieces to replace a broken piece on the garage. The old roof piece was obviously a smaller diameter than the garage guttering. It did sort of work with the smaller diameter lying inside the bigger one. You could use sealer to stick the two together with a bit of an overlap.

midlife

Guru
Do people who sell garden sheds and the like sell 100mm . I seem to remember shed stuff was smaller?

D

Deleted member 26715

Try wickes.co.uk they have different suppliers & possibly sizes

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Drago

Legendary Member
If there isn't an off the shelf adapter/joiner use one or two rivets to join the two, then fill the gap with Tiger Seal or Sikaflex. Neat and tidy, tidy and neat.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
If there isn't an off the shelf adapter/joiner use one or two rivets to join the two, then fill the gap with Tiger Seal or Sikaflex. Neat and tidy, tidy and neat.

Hmm, I am now thinking of bolts actually. Can you drill through uPVC and FloPlast?

Annoyingly it does “fit”, it’s the clamping bracket that fecks it all up.

Perhaps some kind of external clamp?
46EB75F8-AC3E-4AA6-BC8A-3779D0670563.jpeg

Top Bottom