Bodging jobs with cycling stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Many times I've performed bodges on my bike with random stuff from the shed. Insulating tape and zip ties etc.

Tonight, I impressed everyone when I unblocked the sink with an old inner brake cable, expertly shoved down the plughole.

Anyone else managed to use old bike junk to "save the day?"

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lubed the boiler extractor fan with finish line ceramic. Had started squeaking and the lube has shut it up for over two years. Not applied any since. Also used it on PC cooling fans.

Drago

Legendary Member
Used a 400mm seat post as an impromptu cosh when I thought we were being burgled.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
I carry a little bottle of wet lube with me in the saddlebag. So far I've helped someone with a seized pedal, stopped an annoying squeak on a garden gate and used it to free several car locks. I always carry it with me just incase anyone needs anything lubing up.

GOAB

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Here is my solution to the bunk bed and needing a drink of water in the night problem.

Sorted!

image.jpeg

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I first rode the Cape Argus race in Cape Town I punctured on a stretch of road passing through a "Cape Coloured" area. The puncture was caused by a drawing pin, which explained the tick-tick-tick noise I had heard and ignored as I approached a large, well-spectated junction, which would have been a better place to fix the tyre. I immediately found myself surrounded by a gaggle of excited boys, one of who had a bandolero of dozens of inner tubes around his shoulder. That would explain the drawing pins; not sure what they were using the tubes for - catapaults?

Top Bottom