bodybuilding and cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
i used to, though I've moved more from bloody building into lifting for sport, but I still do a little sculpting work.

There's no secret, just keep at it and you'll adapt quickly. There will be days, especially early in and especially with legs, that soreness will be your faithful companion, but these will become less frequent and less intense. The first few times you might need to give in and drive.

Without paying too much attention to diet I gained 32kg of lean mass, and 18" on my chest.

Just make sure you're eating clean and keep at it.

18", how long did that take?

I've put on 10kg and 2" on my chest in a year, and that was a fair bit of effort.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike

I've put on 10kg and 2" on my chest in a year, and that was a fair bit of effort.
I heard Drago was involved in an accident and was exposed to a large dose of gamma radiation. :training:

ayceejay

Guru
you might be interested in this fine physical specimen barry-metier-page-248.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member

Took about a year to do the chest. EVERY workout included a vertical row to failure, and a bent barbell row to failure. A lot of pain. I take great delight in annoying work by keep having to order new uniform, and the £600 they had to spend having body armour custom made was especially gratifying. My back and lats are to me what Schwazeneggers calves were to him - a natural weak point in my physique.

But best of all, when you're big you get treated with a lot more in the way of manners and respect. I'm not into chucking my weight around (I actually much prefer the quiet life) but its amazing how polite people are because you look big enough to unscrew their neck.

I'm suffering a little round the middle (up to 36") because ive been very restricted on my cardio the last 2.5 months due to illness, but once I'm back in the saddle I'll diet and sweat and sacrifice until I'm back down to a 34.

My 5 top tips:

1) Don't listen to armchair experts that have never done it themselves. Most couldn't lift s pie to their faces without pulling something,.

2) Commitment is the big word. Whether you succeed or fail will be down to this one word.

3) Get to a proper gym. Not some chrome plated Virgin healt club, but a proper one with concrete floors and big lads in torn sweats. Chat to the big lads, most will only be too happy to share the knowledge. If needs be get advice from a trainer - if you cant afford ongoing one-on-one support then try and get a diet and exercise plan from one.

4) Don't go nuts on supplements. A poor diet can't be compensated for with powders.

5) Steer clear of the gear. Steroids are bad enough,but growth hormone is insane. Apart from the health dangers, (I know a chump not much older than me now on a pacemaker because it's wrecked his ticker) any 'lifter worth the title will spot it a mile off and you'll be a pariah. It might impress teenage girls, but you'll be as popular as a fart in a spacesuit down the gym.

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom