Boeing 747 Pilot - job opportunity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
If you are suitably qualified, you might want to get your CV off to British Airways after this incident in Johannesburg.
From first reports, it looks like the outcome could have been a whole lot worse, as the wings were loaded with fuel for its return flight to London. Fortunately there was no fire. Seems like the pilot might have taken a wrong turn whilst taxiing; surely a career busting mistake if that was the case.

BcH3dl4CEAApQNQ.jpg

the bloke underneath is quite clearly taking the píss

machew

Veteran
Airframe had about 110,000 hours on the clock. Normally they get retired at about 118-120 K hours (according to them in the know)

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Can you imagine the panic in the pilots voice when he had to call http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Airframe had about 110,000 hours on the clock. Normally they get retired at about 118-120 K hours (according to them in the know)

The aircraft, G-BNLL is now 23 and it only would have been a matter of time before it was replaced by a shiny new A380 anyway. I wonder what BA will do about the shortage of a '747 in the mean time....

Annyway, I wouldn't have liked to have been in that part of the building when it happened, but I think it was empty/closed at the time.

colly

Re member eR
It'll turn up on some cyclists Youtube page tomorrow. .................''Bloody pilots, didn't look and nearly had me off''

Edit: ''AND I was wearing hi viz, tsk tsk''

Top Bottom