Boest thing for keeping one's neck warm in winter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
i was going to get one of the merino buffs but have gone with the chocolate fish variety instead, cheaper and I recon based on the quality of their socks, better.

Ranger

wafflycat said:
Buff is a brand name which is getting into common usage as a generic term for a tube of material that is multifunctional in that it can form various styles of cap/hood/scarf combinations. We of the gender that has chesticles have known of the term 'snood' for many years, which is essentially the same thing and has been around for far longer than a Buff

http://www.buffwear.co.uk/

NOOOO, my wife's statement when she saw mine was "It's a snood" and I have spent the last 2 years trying to convince her otherwise;)

Well, I ended up going for an Oxford Products Chill Out Neck Tube, which is going to have to be passed on to one of my motorcycling colleagues as it isn't really any use for cycling in.
Before you all howl "well we told you to buy a buff!", let me explain!! I bought it as I wanted something to cover me snout in the cold weather, as well as keeping my neck warm. This looked to fit the bill but (a) the back of me head still gets chilled and (;) the ventillated panel near my mouth isn't big enoung so you end up sucking the sides against your face when you breathe in and gasping for air. Added to which, the seal around the nose bridge isn't good enough so my yellow-lensed specs steam up completely!
I think I'll look in Peterborough's recently opened branch of the mountain warehouse as they seem to have a good range of neck warmers, balaclavas, snoods etc on their webpage.

Top Bottom