Boiling water hurts :'(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt1705

Über Member
I was cooking some pasta for my lunch on Wednesday, and knocked the pan over just as it was boiling. Al over my left foot and ankle.

Queue much swearing and screaming.

I thought to myself oh it doesn't look that bad, just a bit red and hurts like hell. Wrapped it with cling film as advised by NHS direct. Well needless to say it looks much worse now, massive blisters and what the a+e nirse called 'significant skin loss'

Need to be more careful in future ...:cursing::wacko:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Oh no! Very painful!
My son once burnt his hand, as he put it on top of the halogen hob which I had just turned off (he was 6).
It took several weeks to heal.
I hope you heal soon!

OP
OP
M

Matt1705

Über Member
Here's a pic of it bandaged up...
I did take 2 pics yesterday before they put the new bandage on, but it's a bit gruesome for this early hour :laugh:

Attachments

• 20140208_083504.jpg
    20140208_083504.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 53

postman

Legendary Member
It just shows how dangerous healthy eating is.you should have got a juicy meat pie out instead.our cycling guru ,will tell you that he is a magnificent specimen of manhood,and i will tell you he can't half ride a bike,all on pies,non of this pasta stuff.
i hope it heals quickly.

OP
OP
M

Matt1705

Über Member
It just shows how dangerous healthy eating is.you should have got a juicy meat pie out instead.our cycling guru ,will tell you that he is a magnificent specimen of manhood,and i will tell you he can't half ride a bike,all on pies,non of this pasta stuff.
i hope it heals quickly.
I would have had a pie maybe, but the plug for my oven melted!!

I took a rad cap off an overheating MGB once (yes I should have known better) that caused significant blistering for a few weeks..... wont be doing that again!

hope it heals soon

OP
OP
M

Matt1705

Über Member
Unfortunately at the time I only had a small bottle of water with me, so couldn't dunk it in a bowl or under a tap.

Apparently the cling film gives a protective layer over the skin. Don't ask me how or why lol!!

Top Bottom