Bond films

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How do they get away with just trotting out the same thing each time and why do people rave over them still?

The whole format, attitude and presentation is so dated and lame. Who really goes out to watch it all over again?

It was tired 40 years ago. Now for number 23 they cannot even bother to come up with anything remotely new - same old gun barrel on the poster and theme-by-numbers song.

images

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg5sB2r6rYorwvxsuJLQI2cr4Q6DdtTQk7buhyFHDX88CqNbeMIQ.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScUqlaZ_rFXVQAFcT_6tagSDtKAerm9MV06N71z74Q1AUgP20L4g.jpg

rb58

Enigma
That's what people expect. And it works as people are flocking to see Skyfall.

I saw it on Saturday and it was a good solid Bond film.. :thumbsup:
See, the thing is, when you go to see a 007 movie you know exactly why you're going and you know exactly what you will see.
Nobody is tricking you into anything (unlike many films I watched lately).. James Bond is a cult! Either you're in or out!
And I agree with @User, Daniel Craig is one of the best 007 (if not the best). Do expect a lot of changes in the next film to come though, as that's what the current one is all about. ;) A new era of Bond is comming! :bravo:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
How do they get away with just trotting out the same thing each time and why do people rave over them still?

The whole format, attitude and presentation is so dated and lame. Who really goes out to watch it all over again?

It was tired 40 years ago. Now for number 23 they cannot even bother to come up with anything remotely new - same old gun barrel on the poster and theme-by-numbers song.

images

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg5sB2r6rYorwvxsuJLQI2cr4Q6DdtTQk7buhyFHDX88CqNbeMIQ.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScUqlaZ_rFXVQAFcT_6tagSDtKAerm9MV06N71z74Q1AUgP20L4g.jpg
Nobody is forcing you to watch it.
and if you could post the other 20 posters, there may be a correlation

I thought that was called a "theme"!

gavintc

Guru
Well, I am not a great fan of James Bond films. But, having read some decent reviews, we went on Sat evening. It was good fun, I think better than most Bond films I have seen and entertained me for the 2 hours. I left quite happy. Skyfall is not the best film ever made, but it is certainly not the worst.

Quite so - really it is curiosity rather than knocking it. If you know it is going to open with a chase, then be the same old plot and the same old villan and the same old gadget scene and the same old totty with attitude that then falls for bond's charm: what makes you dash along to the cinema to see it?
Is it not all a bit like going to see Rocky XXIII ?
Or is it like a Morse or something? Is it still entertaining to trot out the same thing endlessly?

Last Bond I saw at the cinema had Roger Moore in it so I really dont know!!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I saw Skyfall this morning. If you are not a Bond fan, you'll love this, though the new Bond theme by Addle is forgettable.

Top Bottom