Bonj!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

RANK.

bonj2

Chuffy said:
Yeah, showjumping means just sitting there while the horse works out the course all for itself....;)
BRING IT ON ZONKEY BOY!!!!! :biggrin:

When a horse gets to the jump, IT decides whether or not it wants to bother jumping it or not. Often, it doesn't, and it stops and the rider falls off the front over the horse's head. Then the horse just looks down disrespectfully at the rider, no attempt to apologise or comfort the rider or lick it like a dog would. Bloody RUDE if you ask me, when it's been fed and groomed by them, but then again they HAVE deliberately gone in for such a stupid 'sport' of their own free will (and I use the term 'sport' in a loose sense, as I don't really think it's a sport as by definition a sport has to involve physical ability on the part of the person).
If it DOES decide to do the jump, then all the person has to do is grip it and stay on while it's in the air. It's the horse's motion that propels the combination of horse and rider over the jump, not the person's!

bonj2

Chuffy said:
That's a bit like saying that all an F1 driver does is sit on his arse and press the throttle.....

well apart from steer, brake and use the flappy paddles, he does.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Bonjy's got a point though. Computers are powerful enough these days to factor in all the mechanical developments and weather conditions so that the drivers could just sit in simulators and do it indoors. This would save a fortune on track maintenance and fuel and keep noise levels down. Then to actually inject a bit of sporting activity into F1, they could all be made to go for a five mile run afterwards.:biggrin:

Top Bottom