Bonjes 'flat bar road bike'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Oh dear. I was planning a reasoned argument in response to this thread but it looks like I don't have to bother.

mickle said:
I dont actually ride a road bike but I do know what one is.
A Hybrid is a 700c bike with flat bars.
Bonjees bike might be a Fast Hybrid or a Sporty Hybrid but it is a Hybrid not a road bike. The definitions were laid out a long time ago and they dont change just because some cycle co. marketeer thinks of a 'new' way to bolt bike parts together.
I believe someone's already asked this and an answer hasn't been forthcoming, but by whom, exactly?

monnet said:
I'm not getting into the discussion but you'll have to do better than quote wikipedia a source not widely regarded for it's factual accuracy.
Well unfortunately, the criticism of not being widely regarded as factually correct is the one criticism you could have picked that's inappropriate to wikipedia, because it's editable by a wide audience, everyone, including you. So like I say to mickle, if you think you know better go and edit it. If you edit it and it gets changed back, then obviously a much wider audience than you think you're wrong.

domtyler said:
Wouldn't a road bike be a bike designed primarily to ride on the roads?
Nay, lad - what gave you that idea?! :blush: It's a bike that's as different from a mountain bike as possible - i.e. has thin tubing, preferably very very old, and as many weird features as possible. :biggrin:

You don't say. :tongue:

User76 said:
What about a unicycle? Thin or fat tyred, no handlebars and a bugger to fit a rack to. Would that be a hybrid/racer/mtb/tt bike depending purely upon tyres?

come on a unicycle!

a unicycle: uni = 1 and cycle/cycling = the act of riding a cycle.

bike or bicycle: bi = 2 and cycle/cycling = the act of riding a bicycle.

tri = 3. quad = 4 ...........

so how can a one wheeled cycle be a bicycle? and how can you but "tyres" on a one wheeled cycle?

spandex said:
come on a unicycle!

a unicycle: uni = 1 and cycle/cycling = the act of riding a cycle.

bike or bicycle: bi = 2 and cycle/cycling = the act of riding a bicycle with 2 wheels.

tri = 3. quad = 4 ...........

so how can a one wheeled cycle be a bicycle? and how can you but "tyres" on a one wheeled cycle?

If a UNIcycle is a cycle with one wheel then a BIcycle is a cycle with 2 wheels and a TRIcycle etc etc

:blush:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
MartinC said:
Why are all cyclists borderline autistic?

i couldn't possibly say ;)

Top Bottom