Bonjes 'flat bar road bike'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

mickle said:
The definitions were laid out a long time ago

By whom, exactly?

Sorry Mickle, unless you can come up with some actual references, it's just your opinion.

I agree with User482 - if the bike is designed purely for road use, that makes it a road bike. Of course, If I had my way, we'd go back to calling them 'racers', which makes more sense to me...

domtyler

Über Member
Tim Bennet. said:
You mean like a cyclo cross bike? Oh hang on, they have drop handle bars.

Incorrect, a Cyclo-cross bike is a bike that is specifically designed to be ridden in Cyclo-cross races that are held on off road courses.

User482 said:
I think "flat-barred road bike" is perfectly correct - a bike designed for pure road riding that has flat bars.

I think this is the first time ever that I've agreed with Bonj.

I'm pretty sure that it was me that called it a "flat-barred roadbike" in the first place wasn't it?!?:blush:

col

Legendary Member
A road bike with drops and thinnish tyres was always called a racer for me.But any bike adjusted for road use is a road bike isnt it?

Danny

Legendary Member
I have a friend who has replaced the drop handlebars on a touring bike with flats..

Does this mean that it has stopped being a road bike?

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Dannyg said:
I have a friend who has replaced the drop handlebars on a touring bike with flats..

Does this mean that it has stopped being a road bike?

It never was a Road Bike, it was a Touring Bike. Fitting flat bars converted it to a Trekking bike.

Top Bottom