Bonjour!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Salut my cycling chums! I'm now settled in France and got t'internet all connected. Been out for a few rides on my fixed (replacing my previous Regent's Park pre breakfast ride with a local 25km loop) but the other bikes have yet to be built up (there other priorities - or so my wife says).

There's been a few morning rides where it's been misty and chilly but gorgeous - I've felt the decision to move here is thoroughly justified already!

PS (edit) - Have I missed anything??

Mr Phoebus

Chapeau!

domtyler

Über Member
Good for you mate, tell me about it. Where about's in France are you and what are you doing for a living? My parents have a small property 50 km from Limoges which I visit once or twice a year, the roads are so nice around there, no pot holes and no traffic, beautiful scenery etc. Only problem is that there is no bike for me over there yet!

Putain! You lucky sod!
In London it is grey.
Enjoy a Cinquante-et-Un ...or two

A la tienne,
PS Don't scratch your boules, and maybe change your name...from the chilly morning starts, it sounds like you are a "jaune again 'crisp'man" :biggrin::blush:

asterix

Comrade Member
Bienvenue!

Cycling heaven round here (we are 40km t'other side of Limoges from Domtyler's folk). I am taking tomorrow off from barn conversion to go on a decent ride:biggrin:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, I'm jealous.....

Is property over there really as cheap as my friends with houses there tell me?

The idea of emigrating becomes more attractive with every day.

Funny how everyone seems to place themselves according to Limoges - two of my friends have a house in that region. Is it because it's in the middle-ish, so easy to imagine where it is on a map?:biggrin:

Anyway, yello, enjoy!

Aint Skeered

Glad you've settled in ok Yello.
Just checked the location on the map, and it looks about central to everything.
The forest to the north looks interesting too.
I am green with envy.
It is a ambition of mine to get a place in France.
Keep us all posted.
Andy

Tetedelacourse

Well in Yeller, sounds braw. It's not raining in Edinburgh at the moment. I will report back in 10 minutes.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aint Skeered said:
It is a ambition of mine to get a place in France.

Andy

Dang it, I bet you're spoken for as well, aren't you...:biggrin:

Some friends I saw at the weekend showed us an estate agents website, with a small hamlet for sale, for about 55,000 Euros! Something like three houses and a couple of barns on a farmstead. All needed lots of work of course, including putting in sewerage, but really!

domtyler

Über Member
Arch, my parents friends own a large country property over there that they are selling for about £220,000 that they have recently completed a fabulous restoration on. It is just mind-blowing to see and made me really sick to see the life style they have for a lot less money than my pokey little three bed terrace hutch in East London. Now if only I could convince my boss to let me work via adsl!!!

Yello, you need to check out the roads around Clermont-Ferrand, I highly recommend a short stay in a little place called Mont Dore, it is a really lovely little town high up in the hills with cheap hotels to stay in for a romantic short break either with your missus or, as is the custom over there, to take a mistress. :biggrin:

Top Bottom