Bonkers pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I needed a new windscreen wiper for my van so went online to have a look . German and Swedish had them at £26.99 each , Euro parts had them at £28.99 for two . The same brand the same thing .
So i click on buy from europarts and there is a promotion on with discount of 50% . So now i am paying £15.94 instead of £53.98 for exactly the same thing :wacko:

D

Deleted member 26715

I ordered one for the Rav the other week when they had the offer on before, came with free delivery from Germany, cost me 3.85

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I needed a new windscreen wiper for my van so went online to have a look . German and Swedish had them at £26.99 each , Euro parts had them at £28.99 for two . The same brand the same thing .
So i click on buy from europarts and there is a promotion on with discount of 50% . So now i am paying £15.94 instead of £53.98 for exactly the same thing :wacko:

EuroParts are the Sports Direct of the car world. They always display a higher price but then have a 30% or 40% discount code somewhere on their site.

If you want good honest prices, use 'CarPartsforLess'. This is the online-only division of EuroParts. Yeah, I know EuroParts have an online site, but their main business is via local branches.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
EuroParts are the Sports Direct of the car world. They always display a higher price but then have a 30% or 40% discount code somewhere on their site.

If you want good honest prices, use 'CarPartsforLess'. This is the online-only division of EuroParts. Yeah, I know EuroParts have an online site, but their main business is via local branches.

Is this the same Euro Car Parts of the cheap usb powerbank fiasco?

Quite a few of us on here ordered one a couple of years ago.

Lots of non-delivery stories followed.

I think I eventually got a different brand powerbank about three or four months - and a string of emails - later.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Noooo :laugh:

We did that with Mrs V's old Fiat Uno. She turned on the wipers during a large downpour, it did two wipes and flew off into a field
Her Fiat had wings?!

I was watching an old edition of 'Wheeler-Dealers' the other night, partly out of boredom

The vehicle in question was a Mercedes-Benz, a 'W' series
Whilst not liking modern M-Bs, I'd gladly have a 'W' estate, with the colour-coded hubcaps & chrome roof-rails

Anyway, they wanted a new wing for it
The factors they used (Europarts, or maybe 'GSF'???) sold one at circa £27.00!!

Granted, it was a pattern, & needed Ed to do some fettling/dressing of it, but at that price!!!!

It's the same with Land Rovers. there's some prices out there, for OEM, but own boxes that are unbelievable (or were, as I've been Land Rover-less for a few years now)

simonali

Guru
I went in a ECP and stated to the guy behind the counter that their website showed the left and right wipers as being cheaper to buy singly than in a set. He then reduced the set pair by about 50%!

Drago

Legendary Member
I was watching an old edition of 'Wheeler-Dealers' the other night, partly out of boredom

The vehicle in question was a Mercedes-Benz, a 'W' series
Whilst not liking modern M-Bs, I'd gladly have a 'W' estate, with the colour-coded hubcaps & chrome roof-rails

Anyway, they wanted a new wing for it
The factors they used (Europarts, or maybe 'GSF'???) sold one at circa £27.00!!

Granted, it was a pattern, & needed Ed to do some fettling/dressing of it, but at that price!!!!

It's the same with Land Rovers. there's some prices out there, for OEM, but own boxes that are unbelievable (or were, as I've been Land Rover-less for a few years now)

Land Rover especially take the wee wee. Britpart have co tract to manufacture parts for out of production Land Rovers. But a part from Britpart and it'll be half the price of the same item, made by Britpart, but sold at an LR dealer in an LR branded box.

A double irony is that many beard chewing LR types slag off s***part for their perceived poor quality, and advise folk to go for the 'quality option'at the dealers...

Top Bottom