Bontrager AW Road Tyres Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
What with the recent rubbish weather making the roads a bit more ropey than normal, I'm looking to put some more 'resistant' tyres on the road bike.
So, anyone tried the Bontrager AW Hard Case tyres? I have them on my hybrid in 700C x 38 and have been pleased so far, but interested on opinions of the 23c version.
TIA

choplee

Hi ...i'm running AW2 with the little aero wings on my (summer)road bike ...Not used them much ,but they seem very puncture resistant look great and i think maybe a more summer tyre than winter ,as i have slipped a little on them ,but it could be i have them inflated to much ..

zacklaws

Guru
I used to ride on them all year round till I switched to conti 4000S GP and they are tough tyres, but they are not easy to push, rolling restistance is awfull. I bought a set to replace my 700C x 38 Bontrager CX0 tyres on my cyclo cross bike just for winter riding on roads but I have had to switch back to the 38s as they are much faster and can cover a greater distance without tiring so much.

choplee

i'm finding the AW2's rolling ok for me on my Bontrager aura 5 wheels ,just need to get some nice dry road miles in to break them in a little more ,so i can see if i can trust them in the corners better :bicycle:

Top Bottom