Bontrager Race DLX Road Shoe - 1000 mile review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have had these road shoes for just over 1000 miles now, having worn a pair of Shimano R065 previously.

These shoes have provision to take both SPD and SPD-SL cleats

The Bontrager were on sale in my lbs for £40 down from £100, so for that money it was never going to break the bank.

As a budget road shoe they perform adequately well

As I have read/been informed, I got a pair that were the next size up from my normal footwear, and I'm pleased that I did as they fit perfectly.

The sole is quite stiff and this is assisted by some additional cross-bracing under the instep on the sole,

The velcro is strong and the ratchet adjuster is easy to use, however, I did find it a bit fiddly to start with. Just something to get used to.

There is ample venting on both the top and the bottom of the shoe, however I did find that the tongue was excessively long and seem to dig into my leg, not seriously uncomfortable but a distraction nonetheless. I have remedied this by folding it over, which is where it now stays.

Apart from the usual wear to the cleats whilst walking there is no wear to the shoe at all, they remain as good condition as when I bought them.

Although I am pleased with the comfort and performance of the shoe, when it come to a new pair, I think I'd like to try something else, just to see what the difference is.

DSC_1248.JPG

DSC_1246.JPG

Ajax Bay

Guru
Amazing condition for 1000 miles. You must be very careful.

Top Bottom