Bontrager Trip 300 issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

favabean1982

Hello everyone-I picked up a Trek FX 2 last year with an Bontrager Trip 300, both of which I’ve been loving. A few days ago, I was doing some intervals on my trainer and did a particularly fast burst of speed, after which I noticed that the cadence, calories burned and miles traveled seemed to not be working properly. The cadence would go between CAD and CAD-A (I’m not sure what CAD-A means) and is stuck at 240 no matter how fast or slow I’m going. Calories burned and miles traveled also appear to be registering much, much slower than they normally would as well. Every other feature is working fine-again, it’s not like it’s not registering any of the data, it’s just slower, and the cadence issue is frustrating. Any thoughts? I’ve tried replacing the battery on the Trip 300 as well. I would take it in to the shop where I got it from, where I’m covered under warranty and they could fix it for free, but I’m out of town for the next week and thought bringing my bike & trainer would be a great way to keep active on the road in these cold, snowy months.

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom