Bontrager Trip 300

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gk09

Hi all,

I'm new here and also pretty new to the world of cycling. I've had my Trek 1.1 for a year or so and recently bought a Bontrager Trip 300 as it looked an ideal entry level computer for my social rides. I might be missing something very obvious but I can't get it to do anything other than tell me the time!

Am I supposed to buy other parts for it to tell me my speed & distance etc or am I being very think and missing something obvious in the manual?

Any advice would be greatfully received and hopefully I haven't tested the theory that there's no such thing as a stupid question on this forum!

Gk09

steve50

Disenchanted Member
The instructions seem easy enough to follow, http://www.manualslib.com/manual/939290/Bontrager-Trip-300.html

recycling

Hi all,

I'm new here and also pretty new to the world of cycling. I've had my Trek 1.1 for a year or so and recently bought a Bontrager Trip 300 as it looked an ideal entry level computer for my social rides. I might be missing something very obvious but I can't get it to do anything other than tell me the time!

Am I supposed to buy other parts for it to tell me my speed & distance etc or am I being very think and missing something obvious in the manual?

Any advice would be greatfully received and hopefully I haven't tested the theory that there's no such thing as a stupid question on this forum!

Gk09
I'm also new, and know nothing about these computers, but I had a look at the Trek website out of interest and found that in the description of this device it says that " ANT+ sensors need to be purchased separately ".
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
gk09

gk09

Thanks both.

The instruction manual is easy to follow, unfortunately the computer doesn't seem to do the same as the book says! When it gets to the point of saying 'new trip: yes or no' there is only a 'no' option.

I saw that too Recycling. I read it that the ANT+ sensor was to read cadence but you could still use the computer for distance, speed etc without it. I may well have assumed wrong.

Top Bottom