book raffles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Im not surprised unfortunately.

I listed up and then posted-on approx 5 new cycling items in a ‘Pay it forward’ thread. And while messaging the recipients and sorting out their address’s etc - reminded them it would be nice to see them post up items in return - as per my rules / suggestion upon listing my items 😎

Not one single person to date has done that. If this was a Social experiment - it failed….because everyone took. And no-one gave back 😳

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Yeah, but also, on my local Facebook freebies page, there are always reposts due to folks non collecting their freebies (that they have asked for!)
Go figure.

I’m sure ! I can’t vouch for that though. Only my experience here.

I need to get over it, learn from it - and realise not everyone is as stupid, gullible and genuine as me….. 🤦‍♂️

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I need to get over it, learn from it - and realise not everyone is as stupid, gullible and genuine as me…..
When I set up the seed bank (for the community growers) it didn't cross my mind that the basked would be empty within a few days.
I had filled a large basket with small labelled pouches full of my surplus seeds. There were at least 50 pouches of veg and flowes seeds in the basket, took me ages to make the labels up!
I'm 60 years old (supposed to have life experience lol): my colleague (at least 30 years younger than I), said: well, what did you expect?? :laugh:
We live and we learn.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
When I set up the seed bank (for the community growers) it didn't cross my mind that the basked would be empty within a few days.
I had filled a large basket with small labelled pouches full of my surplus seeds. There were at least 50 pouches of veg and flowes seeds in the basket, took me ages to make the labels up!
I'm 60 years old (supposed to have life experience lol): my colleague (at least 30 years younger than I), said: well, what did you expect?? :laugh:
We live and we learn.

Familiar Pat ! That’s just so soul-destroyingly pitiful though ? And can easily make the generous weary……

I’ve given away plenty on various forums over the years.. To those genuinely in need mostly. Or appearing to be at least. I’m not sure the ‘favour’ has ever been returned thinking about it.

Right: Let’s move forward @Pat "5mph" - older AND wiser 😎

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Yeah, but also, on my local Facebook freebies page, there are always reposts due to folks non collecting their freebies (that they have asked for!)
Go figure.

We have a really good group locally but there are still people who don't collect what they've requested. I block anyone who does that to me and the group admin sometimes kicks people out.

On the other hand I found a tiny hand made thank you card through my door the other day from a lady who'd collected some leftover fabric.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've had a couple over the years. Either passed them on or dropped them off at a charity shop. Where I used to live one of the volunteers was well into his cycling so I'd always nip in when he was on so he could have first dibs.

Top Bottom