Booking train seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
No need to waste money on the Trainline booking fee. You can use any train companies website to book any combination of journeys across any other train operating company's network.

This is news to me and I feel silly. So for example I could book on Virgin's site for tickets that included an Arriva northern train?

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
But beware if for any reason you can't use your ticket and need to arrange a refund.

I was in that situation a few months ago with tickets for a SW Trains service, but I'd booked them via the Virgin website.

Both TOCs maintained that it was the other company who was responsible for processing the refund until I read the Riot Act to them and finally SW Trains coughed up.

Ah, that's worth knowing. I've had to claim back for delays on longer journeys several times.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ah, that's worth knowing. I've had to claim back for delays on longer journeys several times.
As I understand it, that's a different situation: delay repays are the responsibility of the first train company that was delayed: so usually DB/arrivo CX for me. ;)

Can't-travel and similar refunds and changes are the responsibility of the seller. Southern's Money-Back Guarantee where they don't deduct a high "admin fee" is part of the reason I use them for online purchase of non-Advance collect-at-machine tickets http://www.southernrailway.com/tickets-and-fares/refunds/money-back-guarantee/

Top Bottom