Books

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One Man and his Bike by Mike Carter is a funny book if you like books on touring - it's a tale of the author's bike ride round the coast of the UK.
One Man and his Bike by Mike Carter is a funny book if you like books on touring - it's a tale of the author's bike ride round the coast of the UK.
+1
Excellent book.
The only thing which gave me pause for thought is that in a book which touts his honesty, as a single guy wandering around at a far from decrepit age, his mind never seems to have wandered to sex. After seeing a vid of him i rather wonder how real the persona presented in the book is.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Kinda inspiring of course, but i find she has a rather clunky writing style.

Yes... she’s not an amazing writer but as a young woman (not recently obvs) I found her really inspirational and quite life-changing in many ways.

Yes... she’s not an amazing writer but as a young woman (not recently obvs) I found her really inspirational and quite life-changing in many ways.
As for the obsvs, have no idea how old you are, unless you feel your decrepitude is broadcast through your own writing style.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Josie Dew rocks in my opinion. I love her happy go lucky go anywhere view of the world. I know there are loads of people who inspire but she in particular had a big part in my world through the printed page.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bit of a thread resurrection but it saves starting another one...

Ned Boulting has a couple of light-hearted easy read cycling books that are worth a look. Some obviously revolve around the tdf circus but I think one is also a humourous take on the middle aged cyclist balancing, career, family and hobby in the modern cycling environ.
I just found one of those books in one of Todmorden's community book 'libraries'. I don't know if other towns have them? We have multiple little book donation hubs dotted around the town, like this one...

Community books.jpeg

They are usually packed with romance fiction and detective fiction, but sometimes there will be something more interesting. Such as this...

Yellow Jumper.jpg

It should be a fun read.

Top Bottom