bored bored bored

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Fab Foodie said:
I'll see your Brazillia and raise you a Kaliningrad... (my next destination)...
It's like Cumbernauld on a Soviet scale. Oh and more fog and snow with marginally less daylight.

That's a winner, I think. Brasiia does at least have hot women. But to be honest, every other women in Brazil is hot and I have just stopped noticing.

Keith Oates

Janner
Flying_Monkey said:
That's a winner, I think. Brasiia does at least have hot women. But to be honest, every other women in Brazil is hot and I have just stopped noticing.
See a Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravenz

1200 words in to 1600 on incident management, business continuity and recovery.

_Ben_ said:
health and safety politically correct nanny state mumbo jumbo.

noo nooo noooo nooooo he's bangin' on about ITIL (methinkz) ... gawd I wish I was gainfully employed like you lot... I'd spend even more time at the bosses' expense on 'ere.............................:bicycle:

bonj2

Kirstie said:
Alright then, I'll raise you a table. I have to draw up a table of all the variables which moderate call centre employee attitudes towards electronic monitoring. Gawd.
I worked for 3 years collating data from call centre electronic monitoring. They used to try and 'trick' the system, we'd 'program round' their tricks, ad infinitum.

bonj2

Kirstie said:
Really? Shame on you.
paid the bills, where's the harm in it? And don't even think about suggesting that it might be possible that call centres one day won't collate call handling statistics, etc., there is absolutely no chance they will forego the use of statistics, because performance analysis leads them to be able to improve their bottom line. All call centres do it, every single one, for financial reasons.
NOT doing a job like that on principle would be tantamount to pretending that I hold out a vague hope of thinking that such abstinence will have some effect! :rofl:

Asking them not to would be like asking them to contribute money to something totally unbeneficial to them.
I used to block manager's attempts to artificially 'up' the figures for their department to make them look better.
In that job, furthering my own skill set and getting the most advanced tools/software possible to claim experience in them was of higher priority than serving the companies reporting requirements anyway.
If I hadn't done it, somebody else would have, and probably worse.

_Ben_ said:
where's the harm in it?

Yes I know all about how call centres are run, thankyou. I have been researching them for 15 years and have a PhD on the subject of employee monitoring.

My understanding of your last post was that you altered the parameters of the feedback that employees were getting, so that what they were told they did actually wasn't what they did? It is not the first time I have come across this practice.

Does that not strike you as wrong?

bonj2

Kirstie said:
Yes I know all about how call centres are run, thankyou. I have been researching them for 15 years and have a PhD on the subject of employee monitoring.

My understanding of your last post was that you altered the parameters of the feedback that employees were getting, so that what they were told they did actually wasn't what they did? It is not the first time I have come across this practice.

Does that not strike you as wrong?
ah but have you ever worked in one?
it's like these oh-so-clever professors that pompositize about the dangers of taking exstasy and cannabis claimingit causes mental illness etc, but how do they actually know if they've never taken it themselves? how DO they know? :rofl:
it's all very well 'researching' the socio-economic trends and making fancy theoretical models of the call centre as a civilization like ant colonies, and applying academia to the micro-politics that this thoery and that theory predicts, but hve you ever been on the wrong end of an irate Mrs Walker who's been wrongly sold an aftersales warranty? eh?

_Ben_ said:
ah but have you ever worked in one?
it's like these oh-so-clever professors that pompositize about the dangers of taking exstasy and cannabis claimingit causes mental illness etc, but how do they actually know if they've never taken it themselves? how DO they know? :rofl:
it's all very well 'researching' the socio-economic trends and making fancy theoretical models of the call centre as a civilization like ant colonies, and applying academia to the micro-politics that this thoery and that theory predicts, but hve you ever been on the wrong end of an irate Mrs Walker who's been wrongly sold an aftersales warranty? eh?

Err, yes, actually i have. And I don't look at socio-economic trends. I do work with call centre workers on their experiences of being monitored, so it's occupational psychology/micro sociology.

But I am oh-so-clever.

bonj2

Kirstie said:
a) no, I didn't falsely alter the feedback - others tried to , but i stopped them!
:rofl: the employees themselves didn't usually get to see the feedback directly, their supervisors did. They would only get to see it if evidence of them slacking was required, which it often was.

_Ben_ said:
a) no, I didn't falsely alter the feedback - others tried to , but i stopped them!
:rofl: the employees themselves didn't usually get to see the feedback directly, their supervisors did. They would only get to see it if evidence of them slacking was required, which it often was.

Ok then you are off the hook. Pity you left.

Top Bottom