Boris Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Anyone else using the Boris bikes and finding the 'available spaces' data on the docks and website wildly inaccurate?

At 11:45 the website showed Drury LAne as having 12 free spaces. Get there in under 10 mins to find it full but indicating spaces in High Holborn & Gt Russell St. High Holborn full but still showing 12 free at Drury Lane. Eventually got in at Earnshaw St by arriving as another rider took a bike.

Same issue last week with Breams Buildings, Holborn and Hatton Garden all full but each showing the other 2 as having 6+ free spaces.

Variations of +/- 2 might be due to being 'beaten to it' but none of these docks are busy enough outside rush hour to gain/loose more than half a dozen bikes in minutes.

Norm

Yes, and the converse of reporting plenty of available bikes when there are none. I've pretty much given up on the accuracy of the reported figures.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Are you using a 3rd party app?

If you are then they might be restricted on how many times they can update the data and how up to date it is. I've not looked at the API so i can't be sure that is right.

Norm

Bromptonaut says that he's using the information on the docking stations and I use the information on the TFL map, which said when I just checked "Availability at 20:30" so it claims, at least, to be up to date.

OP
OP
Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
I was using the website and info on the terminals. The Bream's Buildings dock is outside my office window. Yesterday afernoon it was full but the website showed 14 spaces free.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
might be worthing contacting TFL about this, i might have a contact which i can pass on but i think he is marketing.

OP
OP
Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
might be worthing contacting TFL about this, i might have a contact which i can pass on but i think he is marketing.

Raised it via the website on Monday - reply awaited. Yesterday, while being sent from pillar to post, I phoned the contact centre. Agent undertook to report it to 'on street' but no acknowledgement that there's a big problem.

The Boris Bike forum http://www.borisbikes.co.uk/ has been completely rejuventated since this issue came up.

Top Bottom