Boris Johnson gives his wife a 'backie' unbelievable!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I had read "Boris Johnson gives his wife a 'backie" anywhere but on a cycle forum, I would have assumed something quite different.
We'll not go down the 'Johnson' route either! (Although I suppose Boris might.) Someone else who did what his wife asked was a Boris look-a-like too!
2608.jpg

Boris-Johnson.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My grandad apparantly ad a BSA motorcycle before the War. My Gran would ride pillion and my (infant) dad would ride on the petrol tank. No helmets in those days either.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
LEGEND !!!! Backie round here too. With all the scroungers in charge claiming expenses for cars,houses and "ladies of the night" Boris should be applauded for using his bike to transport two people through London village.

SD1

We'll not go down the 'Johnson' route either! (Although I suppose Boris might.) Someone else who did what his wife asked was a Boris look-a-like too!
2608.jpg

Boris-Johnson.jpg
You have an odd definition of look alike. They don't look vaguely similar. One has a wig on for start of!

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Just getting in to that Amsterdam spirit...
pp9b_amsterdam_bicycle_many.jpg
One of my abiding memories earlier this year over in the 'Dam, was seeing a woman cycling along like this with her pal on the rear, merrily chatting away on a mobile. As a kid in the Northeast in the 70's, this was known as a 'croggy'.

Attachments

• pp9b_amsterdam_bicycle_many.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 16
    165.8 KB · Views: 10
    165.8 KB · Views: 13

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
One of my abiding memories earlier this year over in the 'Dam, was seeing a woman cycling along like this with her pal on the rear, merrily chatting away on a mobile. As a kid in the Northeast in the 70's, this was known as a 'croggy'.
Was in the 'Dam earlier this year, the degree of mobile use while cycling was huge and I'm positive the racks are designed specifically to be used as pillion seats. Saw a few with parent carrying multiple children too, and not just the bakfiets.

SD1

You're right - I'm not very good at visual alliteration. Boris combs his hair from front to backie though, and 'Top' Trump from backie to front. :smile:
I would have to disagree with you on that, I don't think Boris combs his hair at all!!

Top Bottom