Boris Johnson Loses The Plot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lurker

zimzum42 said:
.... [1] They could very well be a great help to the elderly too.

I think we should have them for [2] the traffic too like they do in many parts of Asia....

&

....I'm OK, I [3] jaywalk most of the time, quite enjoy it. But there are people who would benefit from this [4]....

[1] :biggrin: How does standing for longer waiting for the lights to change, or knowing how much time is remaining to cross, help the elderly?

[2] Pedestrians are traffic

[3] No such thing as 'jaywalking' in UK laws

[4] That's the whole point - the question is /which/ people benefit, and which people lose....

Origamist

Legendary Member
It makes a mockery of TFL's VIP (Very Important Pedestrian) Days. For the remaining 364 days peds are treated like harijans.

thomas

the tank engine
I wish they put them in Norwich city centre...and sped up all the lights on the roundabouts on the outskirts - you have to wait for ages. The city centre ones are terrible too, you can never tell if the ped lights are red for a reason (they generally are) but so many jump them seeing no traffic and nearly get hit. It also takes forever to get through the town centre on a bike because of the awful rotation they use.

Speed up Peds in Norwich ;), I'm happy running across the road :laugh:

skwerl

I saw this comepletely the other way round. If the counters are like other coutries they also tell you how long you have to wait for the next green man. That should hopefully reduce the temptation for peds to cross without waiting

jonesy

Guru
skwerl said:
I saw this comepletely the other way round. If the counters are like other coutries they also tell you how long you have to wait for the next green man. That should hopefully reduce the temptation for peds to cross without waiting

Accompanied by an increased red phase they will tell you that you've got a long wait ahead and you might as well dash across if you get a gap!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
User1314 said:

I got the email for this too and deliberated about going.
IMO this is just a PR exercise along with all 'consultations', designed to make
the public feel like they have input in decision making when at the end of the day, those with the power will invariably follow their original plans irrespective of public feelings.

Boris has already reneged on enough promises to London for him to know what people wanted.

Top Bottom