Boris ... Not beyond belief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If Boris told me the day. I would check my calendar. I understand that politicians tell untruths occasionally. But every word he utters is a lie and he expects eveyone to swallow it every time. Its like a naughty Boy act.

But I think everyone is sick of it now. Even his own party. I would like to think he would step down. But he wont. Who would replace him? They are all as rotten as each other.

well this may well get moved deleted steve.
But yes.
I have known a few (small number) compulsive serial liars in my time, but he takes the biscuit by a long chalk.
As for your first bit, I know totally where you are coming from.
I told some woman I used to work with that if she ever told me it was dark outside, I'd still look out the window.

In my experience the really bad ones tell lies that don't even need telling, such is their total lack of connection with things as they are, known to some as the truth.

Anyone else got any examples of world champion liars?

Other contendors?

To broaden it out?

Let's see if the current champ can be relegated?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos founder - blood testing technology) and Anna Sorokin/Anna Delvey, New York Socailite spring to mind as two people who I can legally state to be outstanding liers. Both lived lives on complete lies, Elizabeth possibly starting with what she believed was true (who knows?), but holding on to a concept even though it was proven to be wrong, but Anna having clearly started with the aim of lying at every opportunity.

Outside politics (careful folks) the contendors I remember have I think (maybe not thinking/dredging hard enough) been women.
I well remember one years ago.
On first meeting for a drink (not really/quite a date) she told me all sorts of stories.
One in the camp of appearing to tell lies for the sake of it - it wasn't as if she was conning me exactly.
They didn't even hang together as the first rough draft of stories.

Some time later she told me something and I didn't accuse her of lying - I must have somehow just looked a bit doubtful/didn't give the required response that would have been expected if I had bought it.
She asked me why I appeared to doubt her - I laughed lightly and said I only believed about half of what she told me about ANYTHING. I invested nothing in it.

But still a weak contendor for the champion's crown I think.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have had people lie to me and later deny that they ever said whatever it was; I must be crazy to think they would say something like that! (Is that 'gaslighting'?) Other times, being told that I must have misheard or misunderstood them. After that, I would get them to confirm that I had heard them correctly...

Them: It is dark outside.

Me: Just confirming... Did you REALLY say that it is dark outside? I am asking because it is noon and clearly light.

Them: It IS dark outside.

Me: Ok, we'll leave it there...

Weeks later.

Them: [Something unlikely]

Me: There you go again. It is like that 'day is night' discussion that we had a few weeks ago.

Them: There was never any such discussion!

:wacko:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
@ColinJ ...it takes many many years to realise that the best thing to do is...

Them: It is dark outside.

Me: oh, fascinating

...and just leave it at that. :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I got speaking to a woman at my dad's funeral. I hadn't seen her since we were teenagers. While she was talking I was trying to remember when the last time was. Eventually, I remembered (how could I have forgotten that?) - I had stumbled across her having al fresco sex with a mutual friend! :laugh:

She asked me when we had last met. I told her that she would probably be very embarrassed to be reminded. No, really when was it? So, I told her... She denied ever having any physical contact with him whatsoever. A total lie - they had been hanging around together on and off for years at that time and I often saw them hugging and kissing.

She didn't have any cognitive impairment - it was a blatant lie. I couldn't understand what she thought she was achieving by it. I knew the reality and so did she - why tell lies about it? :wacko:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Round here is typical of Boris' northern power base. Absolutely no sign of his support wavering in the slightest.
I thought that was one of the Lib Dem's few strongholds?

I know more than enough Boris supporters but they've all been very quiet in recent months... in fact their unusual silence is quite deafening. Not that i think their support is waning... but i reckon they're far too embarrassed to voice their support.

Some woman I got natter
Lance Armstrong ?

To come back to Boris it isn't just the fact that he constantly lies to the nation but also that most political leaders worldwide have no faith in him either and that is bad for trade.
agree entirely.
I cannot help but wonder how he comes across on foreign news reports.
For they will just have to translate the words.
I would imagine that most foreigners won't be able to pick up on the supposed public schoolboy charm even if willing.
Won't travel.
So they will be just left with the words to mull over.
Bollocks words/evasions etc.
Johnny foriegner may not even know, or care about, Peppa Pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom