Boris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Have you seen his father? I'm afraid it's genetic :smile:

Ah yes... the father... & the sister... you may have a point!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
buddha said:
Exactly my thoughts too !
I thought people would have voted for more Green Assembly members. And an even bigger disgrace that the BNP have an member now :smile:
It's called "Democracy".

As for the Greens, the noise they make and the attention they grab from the media disguises the fact that most people don't give a fcuk about them.

surfgurl

Yes, there's a sister. She was being interviewed on BBC 24 last night after the result by mobile phone from a party. I think she dropped the phone because the line went dead quite quickly!

jonesy

Guru
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Have you seen his father? I'm afraid it's genetic :smile:

A great interview with his father on BBC News 24 last night. I'm sure I haven't quoted exactly, but the gist of it was: "... he [Boris] is a great Classicist; he knows his Latin and his Greek. If you know your Latin and Greek then you are more than capable of running something like London..."

wafflycat

His sister was asked about Boris's alleged homophobia. Her response: "He went to Eton"

Boris's Dad on whether Boris was serious about becoming mayor: "He's given up drink for three months"

Of course, it could all turn out lovely and Boris could be a brilliant mayor, but past form suggests otherwise.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
mjones said:
A great interview with his father on BBC News 24 last night. I'm sure I haven't quoted exactly, but the gist of it was: "... he [Boris] is a great Classicist; he knows his Latin and his Greek. If you know your Latin and Greek then you are more than capable of running something like London..."

"Oh, I say, absolutely old chap" :smile:

I can't quite get the vision of PG Wodehouse's upper crust twat characters out of my head. All very entertaining but - Power ??? :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We need more nutters in politics. The world is becomming far too serious a place with everyone worrying about global whining and third world debt and deprevation. Let's put the fun back into life, maybe things won't work very well but it will be fun watching them fail.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Smokin Joe said:
We need more nutters in politics. The world is becomming far too serious a place with everyone worrying about global whining and third world debt and deprevation. Let's put the fun back into life, maybe things won't work very well but it will be fun watching them fail.

I think you have a point. Love him or loathe him, it's hard to ignore Boris. He is a character, larger than life, he sticks-out in a crowd in many ways, he gets people talking, and I think he will create great ripples of discussion amongst the men on the Clapham omnibus. Contrast Boris with most other politicians... I can barely name any of the members of the cabinet or the shadow cabinet, they're all so grey, bland, faceless, party-line following toadies, every-move, every phrase, every interview is carefully planned. Boris as we know is not like that, he speaks with passion, shoots from the hip, he screws-up, he apologises and ploughs on to the next item on the agenda. In that respect he is more like many of us in our day to day lives. There will be no middle-way with Boris, he'll either be a rip-roaring success or an unmitigated disaster but he'll bring Politics back to life, no doubt.

Fab Foodie said:
Boris as we know is not like that, he speaks with passion, shoots from the hip, he screws-up, he apologises and ploughs on to the next item on the agenda.
Yes, absolutely. We need someone who'll call a spade a spade. And if the 'piccaninnies' don't like it, then clearly they have no sense of humour.

FFS:angry:

Fab Foodie said:
I can barely name any of the members of the cabinet or the shadow cabinet, they're all so grey, bland, faceless, party-line following toadies, every-move, every phrase, every interview is carefully planned.
Yes, because Ken was such a grey faced Labour yes-man , wasn't he? :smile:

The thing that people don't seem to have grasped is that the job of Mayor really is a serious job, it's about actually working, day in day out, to achieve stuff. Talking to all of the different groups, even the ones that you might not like or approve of. Being a blustering thunderf*ck like Boris might be hilarious in terms of having a high profile and getting the plebs laughing at your every utterance but it's not what you need to, you know, actually do the job.

Top Bottom