Bottle of Fizz anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bloody 'eck! This stuff is fantastic. Tastes like a Bolinger bottle of champers....all for £9.00 at Sainsburys.
I am off to get a case for Chrimbo, Cheers all :wacko:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Better get them in before Brexit.

Lullabelle

Banana
Bloody 'eck! This stuff is fantastic. Tastes like a Bolinger bottle of champers....all for £9.00 at Sainsburys.
I am off to get a case for Chrimbo, Cheers all :wacko:
View attachment 487828

Looks interesting :okay:. We like the Coop Cava, better than any presecco I have tried.

We like the Coop Cava, better than any presecco I have tried.
Am not surprised. Generally, cava is going to be better than prosecco at an equivalent price (until you start paying more than, say £16).
This is because cheap prosecco is over-produced, grape quality is not great while cava quality has improved over the last number of years. Also, cava is produced in a similar way to champagne (second fermentation in bottle) while prosecco is produced by the Charmat method (in vast tanks).

Lullabelle

Banana
Am not surprised. Generally, cava is going to be better than prosecco at an equivalent price (until you start paying more than, say £16).
This is because cheap prosecco is over-produced, grape quality is not great while cava quality has improved over the last number of years. Also, cava is produced in a similar way to champagne (second fermentation in bottle) while prosecco is produced by the Charmat method (in vast tanks).

Last year we went to a wine tasting evening, we had prosecco, cava and a couple of others, the prosecco was the least favourite, the cava was buttery any really tasty.

Top Bottom