Bottled V canned Beer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Alan Whicker said:
One of God's greatest creations is a bottle of Timothy Taylor Landlord, closely followed by an Orval. Bottles. I'm a bottled ale man.

Unless the offy's doing 6 cans of Zywiec for a fiver.

Good choice!

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
All things being equal prefer bottled. Side by side blind testing with Pelforth Blonde (camping holiday) detected a definite metallic edge to the canned product.

OTOH I have a can of Parkins Special (Sainsbury) open at the moment anf it tastes excellent. Cannot stand widget products; if I'm on canned Guinness it has to be the original.

toekneep

Bottled, poured quickly to get rid of the gas. Ignore all those people saying, "Ooh you've made a right mess of that haven't you?"

Saddle bum

Über Member
The stuff that comes out of cans is not beer but some acid inducing puke.

Bottle conditioned beer is pretty good, but only when draught is not available.

Never seen bottled mild...........

Globalti

Legendary Member
slowmotion said:
pression anybody?

Bottled beers are a complete rip-off. Cans weigh nothing, and offer better value, but may contain utter kidney irrigation.

Not at all a rip-off. My local Booths has bottles at around £1.50 a pint and every week there's something on promotion at £1.00 a pint. Mrs Gti is trained now to check first the price, then the OG then the description, looking out for session beers at around 3.8 with any description like golden, hopped, light, fresh, and so on.

Even the cask beer in some of our local micro-brewery pubs has exceeded £1.50 a pint now - and Joseph Holts bitter must be up at around £1.65 a pint, I guess, though I haven't drunk it for a while.

Debian

Greedo said:
Bottles win for me.

Always tastes better

Depends if you mean beer or lager.

If it's beer then it has to be bottled, tinned beer just tastes nasty whether drunk out of the can or poured into a glass.

If it's lager then either, because it tastes just as nasty either way.

As for the American tat - I'd rather drink water.

toekneep

Globalti said:
Not at all a rip-off. My local Booths has bottles at around £1.50 a pint and every week there's something on promotion at £1.00 a pint. Mrs Gti is trained now to check first the price, then the OG then the description, looking out for session beers at around 3.8 with any description like golden, hopped, light, fresh, and so on.

Even the cask beer in some of our local micro-brewery pubs has exceeded £1.50 a pint now - and Joseph Holts bitter must be up at around £1.65 a pint, I guess, though I haven't drunk it for a while.

Globalti, please tell us where you drink. £1.50 a pint! I remember those days but a long time ago. I can't get a decent pint if real ale around here for less than £2 a pint in a club or more like £2.50 in the pubs.

Agree about Booths, fantastic choice and some real bargains when they do the £1 bottles. We don't generally shop there but always pop in and scan the beers when in the vicinity.

Lizban

I always thought ale tasted better from bottle than a can. However a mate said I was made and we blind tasted 5 beers tin v bottle (that was our excuse) and 5/5 the can won.

I was shocked for example try Bomabardier in a can poured into a glass and I promise it's better than the bottle

This coming from a die hard bottle lover as well

Top Bottom