1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bottom bracket frame tube question

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Night Train, 20 May 2008.

1. Night Train

Night Train Guest

I have been digging around in my stores and rediscovered two raw and unused steel frame components, bottom bracket tubes, that I bought over 15 years ago during my last phase of bike building.

They are 68mm long and 40mm outside diameter with a clock wise screw thread in one end and an anticlockwise screw thread in the other end.

I know bike bits are sometimes timeless and other times changable and easily outdated so is what I have still standard fitment?

Also am I remembering correctly that the anticlockwise thread is the left side?

Thank you.

2. Bokonon

Bokonon Über Member

Almost certainly going to be a British/ISO thread, which is as common as they get, so getting a suitable bottom bracket won't be a problem. Further details on bb's on www.sheldonbrown.com.

3. OP
    OP
    Night Train

Night Train Guest

Thanks for that. It means I can use it as one of the fixed points for my design work.