Bottom bracket or something else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We are trying to save the the expense of taking a bike for a service. If everything is spinning - e.g. brakes aren't on it's fine. Even a worn Bottom bracket will spin well, although it will be rough

rrarider

Veteran
Perhaps you haven't eaten enough bananas before your ride.

Svendo

Guru
I’d assume you’ve checked but in case you haven’t: Check the front wheel spins freely. If you’ve had rear wheel bearings fail Sod’s law would be for the front wheel bearings to hang on until the point of most inconvenience!

OP
OP
A

Alex1982

Yeah, I am going to put new batteries in the power meter as I rode my other bike on Sunday and complete difference so maybe power meter batteries are needing a change as I’ve had that issue before

I am listening to advice just trying to get as many thoughts and opinions before doing anything

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Yeah, I am going to put new batteries in the power meter as I rode my other bike on Sunday and complete difference so maybe power meter batteries are needing a change as I’ve had that issue before

I am listening to advice just trying to get as many thoughts and opinions before doing anything
So you are relying on your power meter to tell you that your bike is riding badly? Or does your bike actually feel like it is riding badly? Big difference, as that can cause unnecessary taking on and off of parts that are totally fine just because a computer told you that something was wrong...

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
A

Alex1982

So you are relying on your power meter to tell you that your bike is riding badly? Or does your bike actually feel like it is riding badly? Big difference, as that can cause unnecessary taking on and off of parts that are totally fine just because a computer told you that something was wrong...

Bit of both to be honest, my power wasn’t abnormal but the effort I was putting in to get that power was strained and I was struggling - yes it could have been my body but went out the day after on my other bike and wasn’t an issue,

I gave the drive train a good clean and reapplied dry lube so hopefully it was either clonked up with road crap or it was just an off day

OP
OP
A

Alex1982

I’m using Garmin vector pedals

Power can be off when the battery is low, had that issue before, I was doing 1400w for a sprint and I know that’s wrong as at most I’m 800/900 w full gas

Top Bottom