Bottom bracket renewal help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Railfanben

Regular
Need replacement for a Carrera vanquish. The one listed that's fitted is a chin haur sealed cartridge square tapper 68 x 119. Could I change to 68 x 118 or 68 x 122 in another brand pref shimano. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

T4tomo

Legendary Member
the 118 should be fine, your chainset will move inward by 0.5mm, which should be easily tolerable . the 122 is not so good, it moves the chainset out by 1.5mm

(the 68mm is the shell size - this HAS to match) the 119 is overall length of the the BB axle)

Big John

Guru
You learn something new every day. Never heard of Chin Haur so had to Google it. Well I never. I obviously need to get out more! Lol

Lovacott

Über Member
Need replacement for a Carrera vanquish. The one listed that's fitted is a chin haur sealed cartridge square tapper 68 x 119. Could I change to 68 x 118 or 68 x 122 in another brand pref shimano. Any help much appreciated. Thanks
Halfarts do one for £9.99 and it's pretty decent quality. VP-BC73 68 x 118 Square Taper Cartridge Bottom Bracket.

I fitted one last year and it's as sweet as a nut, no issues at all.

My local branch has them in stock.

OP
OP
R

Railfanben

Regular
Thanks everyone. Been looking on Amazon found a couple listed . A V gerby bottom bracket BSA 68 x120 . & one wilcodirect do a oxford product 68 x 119 . Anyone used one of these for a replacement?

iluvmybike

Über Member
I have a brand new boxed Shimano UN55 68 x118mm you can have for £14 plus postage of £3. I no longer need it. They last for ages - PM me if interested

Top Bottom