Bottom bracket.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldridge

Hi folks

I have a Boardmam comp which must be over 10 years old I'm looking to replace the BB

Does anyone know the correct sized one and a decent make.

I'm aware that there are loads of different sizes of BB but maybe someone will know off hand.

Regards

Eldridge.

alicat

Legendary Member
Best thing I find is to get the old one out and replace like-for-like. Specs and sizes change over time and we don't know when your bike dates from.

If you can post a pic then at least we will know the type.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Can you load a pic?

My Boardman is a standard Hollowtec 24 mm
But my bike is 2016..

It depends which crankset is fitted

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Ok thanks for your help everyone. I took the bb out yesterday it is an elita crank set. I can’t post a photo I’m not that techie I’m afraid.
Quite a few things on the bike have been replaced from original through being worn out from plenty of use including the bb, just trying to do the spannering myself for a change.

Regards

Eldridge.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ok thanks for your help everyone. I took the bb out yesterday it is an elita crank set. I can’t post a photo I’m not that techie I’m afraid.
Quite a few things on the bike have been replaced from original through being worn out from plenty of use including the bb, just trying to do the spannering myself for a change.

Regards

Eldridge.

Isis drive BB?

The 2010 Boardman Comp has a PF 30 bottom bracket, with a self extracting crank. Take the chain off, get the self extracting crank out, then knock the old PF30 bearings out of the frame and remove the shell.

Get one of these.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Wh...t-Bottom-Bracket-for-24mm-Shimano-Cranks/EM24

Which replaces the ( not very good PF 30 set up) and one of these.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/shimano-105-5750-compact-10sp-chainset/rp-prod50444

And you’ll have a very nice upgrade.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Thanks racing roadkill for those links. If I bought the bb in the link would I have to buy the chain set also?

The problem being I need a set of wheels also, so the budget is not massive.

I really appreciate the help though. It has an external Gxp bb in atm which has play in the drive side.

E

gbb

Legendary Member
Just had a look at GXP tech docs but for mtbs and it talks about removing excess play out and methods to use. Are you sure the bb is defunct and it's not something that can be adjusted out ?

Thanks racing roadkill for those links. If I bought the bb in the link would I have to buy the chain set also?

The problem being I need a set of wheels also, so the budget is not massive.

I really appreciate the help though. It has an external Gxp bb in atm which has play in the drive side.

E

If you went for the BB I linked to you’d need a HT 2 crankset.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Ah right, I am looking at using the elita crank set that I have trying keep costs down.
Any other recommendations?

Thanks Eldridge.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
this it ?
truvativelitagxp-630-80.jpg

https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/cate...ew-truvativ-elita-gxp-compact-chainset-10182/

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Hi Cyberknight

I don't think so, the crank arms are different, I'm gonna see if I can dig the receipt out it may well be over 10 years old.

Top Bottom