Bottom bracket.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I converted a PF30 Boardman Team Carbon to BSC/ISO using the FSA adapter. It is not easy to press in (you need a headset press). If you do this, take the precaution I did and only add the Loctite when the second flange is about to enter the shell.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Hi folks

Just a quick update. I'm sticking with my GXP bottom bracket and I'm going to change the bearing on the drive side.

Will let you all know how I get on, thanks for all your help and advice.

Regards

Eldridge

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I converted a PF30 Boardman Team Carbon to BSC/ISO using the FSA adapter. It is not easy to press in (you need a headset press). If you do this, take the precaution I did and only add the Loctite when the second flange is about to enter the shell.
can you give more details please?
i have the same bike/ BB and thankfully i have had no issues but i am considering similar long term

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Hi folks

I have changed the drive side bearing seems a lot tighter on the crank tube with less float so hopefully should be better.

Got back on the road for £90 not too bad I reckon. Saved myself a bit of labour on the mechanics.

Now I'm off to look at a tandem.

Thanks for all the advice and help.

Cheers Eldridge.

dannii

I had a MuddyFox mountain bike which needed a new BB, cost me just under £50.00. Well worth the money as i commute to work, i did replace the bike though when the gears started slipping as the cogs had worn down.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Hi folks
I have changed the bearings in the cups and still have a fair amount of play.

what are my options? should I just go for a complete new crank plus BB?

thanks Eldridge.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Can you load a pic?

My Boardman is a standard Hollowtec 24 mm
But my bike is 2016..

It depends which crankset is fitted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 8

si_c

Guru
That's a Truvativ Elita GXP crankset - I'd replace it with a Shimano Hollowtech 2 crankset - you should be able to use any of the road series cranksets - Wiggle have the Tiagra set up for under £60 add in a BB and you're looking about £70 total for a much better system.

Top Bottom