bottom brackets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
bonj said:
look dave (and mickle), this is the bottom bracket shell
3110138722_bf152e41ae.jpg

A blunt chisel put into one of the tabs and tapped round would be better than a pipe wrench.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
^^^And cheaper than a specific spanner. If you're not fussed about saving the current BB...

Moose

bonj said:
i've heard that car locks do work down the phone, yes. Whether it's true or not, i don't know. It may be that somebody's tried it and it works, or it could just be that they've assumed it probably works and started spreading the rumour that it definitely does. I do know that phones only transmit about 0-4kHz so if it's higher frequency than this it probably doesn't. What use it would be anyway - i don't know - if you forget your car keys and ring home you could then get into your car, but still couldn't go anywhere.

It's a myth.

peanut

this is what you'll need . i surfed evreywhere and found nothing. I had to photo my own .These are obsolete but you could always use a punch instead

cuptool1.jpg

OP
OP
B

bonj2

the cup unscrews then presumably - and that tool (whatever it's called) hasa hinged lower jaw to adjust for the different notch spacings of different cups?

Top Bottom