Bought 2016 BE S2L orange

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi what gears did you go for?

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Hi:smile:nice bike easy to carry around to no hub adding weight to bike
I liked the hub, easy to maintain but after viewing the Black Edition which only comes as a 2 or 6 speed, I went with the two (since I was undecided between 2 and 3 anyway).

Idk what parts availability is like further down the road but I'll check that when the time comes.

chris folder

Hi:hello:you can buy 3 speed black edition bromptons. Or do you mean orange is only available in 2 or 6? As there is plenty of other colours in black edition in 3 speed available I was looking at some other day 3 speed

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I liked the hub, easy to maintain but after viewing the Black Edition which only comes as a 2 or 6 speed, I went with the two (since I was undecided between 2 and 3 anyway).

Idk what parts availability is like further down the road but I'll check that when the time comes.
Parts availability is fine .... You can build a Brompton from components bought on the web .....

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
+1 to parts, dead easy to get online.

I'm clearly being thick & haven't read the latest sales stuff from Brentford.

You've got a Black edition in Orange?

I thought the black editions were the stealth bomber paint job with the colour rather defined by the name.

Orange is a great colour on a Brommy tho, always look good on the go. If I'd been in less of a hurry to buy my (regular black) one I'd have specced Orange.

chris folder

Hi:santa: I was looking at a black edition/orange last night I like the orange and black mix looks good its just the frame thats orange all the rest of the bike is black even the wheel rims now

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Yes that's right. Black mudguards, black drivetrain, seat post, steerer tube etc, all gloss black. Looks fantastic. I like the lime green too and am fantasizing about buying brompton for the Mustang family.

I picked it up now and within a few minutes I already had a lady asking me about it. It's great! I thought I was a dorky bike. :smile:

Last edited:

chris folder

Hi:hello:there are back edition 3 speed bikes available brompton do say 2, 6 but there are 3 speeds now. Some dealers have them different cusomised to how they want them or changed them there self wheel and gear lever to 3 speed like titanium on display some places. If you want a 3 speed black edition bike can get one 2, 3, 6 gears

Last edited:

chris folder

Hi:smile: brand new video on you tube- brompton new black edition 2016. your bike black/orange its a cool colour combo but its m series good watch English subtitles to it

Last edited:
Top Bottom